Decapitated signs deal with Nuclear Blast.

General Zaroff

Registered Lunatic
May 28, 2007
Ship Trap Island
The supreme Polish Death Metal commando DECAPITATED has just inked a deal with NUCLEAR BLAST! This exceptional band has so far recorded 4 albums, and we're looking forward to the upcoming mix of technical superiority, brutal riffs and blastbeats on album number five.

The joy over these awesome news are of course overshadowed by the tragic death of DECAPITATED - drummer Witold "Vitek" Kieltyka. Vitek passed away on November 3rd in a Russian hospital due to severe head injuries resulting from a heavy car crash involving the band's tour bus and a truck while touring Russia. The highly respected and acclaimed blastbeat maestro was only 23 years old. Rest in peace, Vitek!

Didn't see that coming.

Seeing that most of their material is easy to find in most record stores, and the fact that they tour the US several times a year, I don't see this as much of a boost to their potential popularity.

They might work as more melodic. You can only play Polish style DM for so long without being boring. Last album was pretty bad though.

I thought they would be done after Vitek's passing, guess I thought wrong.

I hope they put something good out. To me, they have gotten progressively worse with each release after starting out strongly with "Winds of Creation".

Decapitated ranges from very good to ok. To me, Organic Hallucinosis sounds like technical Polish dm with a noticeable Meshuggah influence. And the Meshuggah influence is not a good thing. I still like Organic Hallucinosis, but it is my least favorite album of theirs.