Decription Of Borknagar

They are a really good band. And you can listen to sound samples on the offical website, so that you can make up your own mind on the album to get.Enjoy!

Walter_Langkowski said:
So...65 people have looked at this thread and not one of you could even give a basic, rudimentary decription of their music?

Great way to promote a band you like. Thanks a bunch.
You obviously didn't read my post. What a disgruntled human begin ;)

maybe cause all the people agreed that listening to the band firsthand is better than any text description. we all have different favorites, but i think if you like one album you will like all the others.

If it makes you happy...Well the most generic description would be Viking Metal (except the first album which is Black Metal) with some acoustic passages, plenty of melody, elements of progressive metal and a fair amount of keys. all the instruments are quite technical, either in structure orarrangements and vocals vary from clean sung and epic to harsh rasps and shreiks. Not as barmy as Finntroll of as folky as Thyrfing but more technical than either. Like I say this is a rough description and each album is different in its own way.

My ultimate copyrighted technique :)D) consists in picking up first and last album, seeing which you like the most and then getting the whole discography in chronogical order, or just the opposite, as one wishes. It only works with good bands, though :)

1st and 2nd are mostly black/viking, but they evolve into post-black/symphonic/progressive in their later albums.