borknagar on myspace

bngRox17!! said:
lol it's true look at some of the people's profiles that left comments.. they look like the KKK...it's really stupid

Uh. I think they stopped wearing the white robes long ago. Anyway, I did see an "official" Borknagar myspace page. But it had no music on it.

I hadn't even heard of myspace until I was heckled into putting my own stuff up there.

I really don't think Borknagar need to do it though. Isn't it supposed to be for unsigned bands and such? It might be a good way for them to spread their music to other fans though. Actually the more I think about this the more it sounds like a good idea for all bands to be on there...

It's just a very tidy all-in-one kind of thing. It's great for smaller groups, I know some bigger bands have them too and that's handy but no big deal really.

Erik Tiwaz said:
Typically recordlabels don't involve themselves with the bands' website(s), anyway who'd want them to?

I was just wondering because most contracts (even for most independents labels) end up with the label owning EVERYTHING a band does, including their websites.

Gah, I really wish Borknagar would have stayed off that website. I see no difference between a website (which Borknagar already has) and a myspace page. If anything the myspace page is going to be filled with tons of losers thanking Borknagar "4 da add".

George said:
Gah, I really wish Borknagar would have stayed off that website. I see no difference between a website (which Borknagar already has) and a myspace page. If anything the myspace page is going to be filled with tons of losers thanking Borknagar "4 da add".

I get your point but I think u need to lighten up a little...myspace IS a good promotional device.

George said:

It's not like the one rules out the other...
It's all about publicity, and why shouldn't Borknagar be presented there in a proper way?
If you don't like myspace.com , then don't go there, use this forum and borknagar.com. :)

I'm amongst those who like myspace... I think it is a good way to discover music (either good or bad, then you choose). You see an interesting banner, or a recommendation in a blog or a link... and you IMMEDIATELY can hear that band. This is what I like the most.