Borknagar DVD?

acts of metalurgy

New Metal Member
Dec 9, 2005
Montreal, Canada
I heard somewhere that Borknagar was interested in releasing a DVD full of bootleg video. Is this still happening? I would love to see a whole DVD of it. The stuff on the official site is just a tease, and the one full bootleg circulating has pretty bad audio quality.

Let us know guys! :err:

asgeir said:
I haven't had time to work on this project since summer. It also turns out that we cannot use bootlegs without the bootlegger's permission. Jeeeeeez!

- Asgeir

:confused:

That's fuckin' stupid. :mad: Tell these bootleggers that you're going to press criminal charges unless they let you use the material for the DVD - after all, THEY broke the law by infringing on the band's copyrights.

WTF?? that sounds like a case where a burglar brakes his leg when trying to rob a house and sues the owner of the house, thats stupid.

I'm not sure if it's just an urban legend, but I think I've actually heard of that: a thief sueing the owner.

But back to the DVD, how about taping your next big show? Throw in some interviews, backstage stuff, and whatever else you guys tape and you've got yourself a DVD. I bet the only thing you may be worried about is if it will be financially feasible. You wouldn't want to lose money making a DVD.

asgeir said:
We had about 7-8 cameras and ADATs recording the last show. Still haven't checked it out so I don't know HOW bad it is... Anyways, we want to make a kind of "video scrap book" and that need hundreds of hours of editing...

- Asgeir
ah okay, and you're planing to do that editing on your own??!!

well that could be frustrating...

I would really like to do that, who else?

go and rule your label, bend them to their knees and make the clear statement that you finally MUST release a professional double live dvd with 3 concerts, all professionally cut and recorded, 5.1. surround sound and tons of extra footage.... ;)

nearly every 08/15 band already has an own DVD.. why not musicians like those in borknagar?

Helge-Uwe said:
mr. V, I beg you to give us some information about your thoughts to a DVD from Borknagar or Vintersorg.. or best: from both in a deluxe edition :tickled:

It would be cool with a DVD from any of the mentioned band..but I guess it's very much work, and I'm totally clueless about making such a thing...composing 20 songs a weeks on the other hand is right "up" my alley..hehehehe

mr V