Dee Snider

Jun 25, 2004
Don't know if any of you are Twisted Sister fans.. but today i was at work.... i'm a jewelry salesman and guess who walked in.... Dee Snider... i was like woahhhh... it seemed like he was trying to hide his face but looking down in the jewelry case with his baseball cap on but i recognized him and asked him.. aren't you Dee Snider... he said yes... i said : cool... ive been listening to your music since 1983... he gave me the thumb up and said very cool man... then he proceeded to tell me he was looking for a bracelet for his wife.. but i think he was razzled about me recognizing him and didnt want the crowd knowing that he left.. didnt get a chance to get a autograph or shake his hand... :yell:

Reactions: howieman43
That sucks. I also work in a jewelry store.I dont even think hes that big of a celebrity to have to worry about getting mobbed. If he came in my work I think I would be one out of 3 people who would know who he is within the entire building. damn but no autograph or anything and over 20 years listening to his music?. thats something Im afraid of meeting someone i idolize and them being a complete dickhead.

He wasn't being a dickhead... he was very nice person... i guess i just was too awestruck to ask him in time... i did try to get a piece of paper to get his autograph from behind the counter but he had left by then....

awesome man! I'm from the same area but I had never seen him out and about.I know he goes up to bald hill and checks out the car shows.1st 3 albums rule!

who?dee snider?
isnt that the guy that made great songs that marked generations and
suddenly he gave the songs to swarzeneger?
fuck him!!!!!
personally last summer i went to a concert anthrax,dio,twisted sister
since i was a kid i liked twisted sister
but with all these bullshit
after dio i went home
dont need to see the precious headliners
hes a disgrace to metal history

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
Don't know if any of you are Twisted Sister fans.. but today i was at work.... i'm a jewelry salesman and guess who walked in.... Dee Snider... i was like woahhhh... it seemed like he was trying to hide his face but looking down in the jewelry case with his baseball cap on but i recognized him and asked him.. aren't you Dee Snider... he said yes... i said : cool... ive been listening to your music since 1983... he gave me the thumb up and said very cool man... then he proceeded to tell me he was looking for a bracelet for his wife.. but i think he was razzled about me recognizing him and didnt want the crowd knowing that he left.. didnt get a chance to get a autograph or shake his hand... :yell:

Ultra cool bro! :hotjump: I doubt the guy will ever thought to find a fan in a jewelry store. He still carries the mane that makes Ted Nugent drool?

JonnyD said:
Yeah!!! I'm the uncivilized MotherF**ker around here!!! ....... never did meet a Greek poster I liked :lol:

Hush, hush JD that's not a neat commentary, we preach tolerance at UMOS. I have met both side of the fence, square BM imbeciles and totally cool intelligent people. Don't judge the whole barrel by one rotten fig ;)

I know I'd get a huge kick if Dee Snider walked into where I worked. I've always been a fan of the man since he went to fight for rock music against Flipper Gore and the PMRC. In Washington D.C. no less!

Probably should have treated him first as a customer after you acknowledged you recognized him. Maybe you could have drawn him in as a customer and then mention how much he means to you. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20 and a sudden, unexpected brush with greatness has a tendency to knock an intelligent mind down to retarded levels.

NP: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - The Lost Christmas Eve

Wyvern said:
Ultra cool bro! :hotjump: I doubt the guy will ever thought to find a fan in a jewelry store. He still carries the mane that makes Ted Nugent drool?

Yup his hair still the same.. he had it in a ponytail under a baseball cap.... leather jacket... carrying some pink bag i believe... a gift for his wife... he grew up in the town next to where i live (in Wantagh he grew up in).... now if i just can meet Lemmy among other heroes of mine lol .. damnit it why couldnt i get the autograph.. would of been my "biggest" autograph... i only have autograph's of Tommy Christ from Scatterbrain/Ludichrist and bassist from Nuclear Assault.. :yell: :erk:

Yup his hair still the same.. he had it in a ponytail under a baseball cap.... leather jacket... carrying some pink bag i believe... a gift for his wife... he grew up in the town next to where i live (in Wantagh he grew up in).... now if i just can meet Lemmy among other heroes of mine lol .. damnit it why couldnt i get the autograph.. would of been my "biggest" autograph... i only have autograph's of Tommy Christ from Scatterbrain/Ludichrist and bassist from Nuclear Assault.. :yell: :erk:

OTOH

You could just be happy that you finally met him and cherish the memory. :)
Just an idea..

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I know I'd get a huge kick if Dee Snider walked into where I worked. I've always been a fan of the man since he went to fight for rock music against Flipper Gore and the PMRC. In Washington D.C. no less!

Probably should have treated him first as a customer after you acknowledged you recognized him. Maybe you could have drawn him in as a customer and then mention how much he means to you. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20 and a sudden, unexpected brush with greatness has a tendency to knock an intelligent mind down to retarded levels.

NP: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - The Lost Christmas Eve

calling me retarded? .... :erk: :ill: i suppose i should of sold him something first then after i rung him up asked him for a autograph...

calling me retarded? .... :erk: :ill: i suppose i should of sold him something first then after i rung him up asked him for a autograph...
We all are retarded from time to time. So yes, I'm calling you retarded at that moment! And you definitely should've sold him something first. I think he would have respected that approach. Like I said though, easier said than done. I totally understand and have played the fool myself.

Point is, don't kick yourself too hard. We've all been there. It's never easy meeting one of your heroes face to face for the first time. You should be proud you just got to talk to him!

NP: Communic - Conspiracy in Mind

Wyvern said:
Hush, hush JD that's not a neat commentary, we preach tolerance at UMOS. I have met both side of the fence, square BM imbeciles and totally cool intelligent people. Don't judge the whole barrel by one rotten fig ;)

Aye! I have only met two and both were bad but I guess it is unfair to Judge all Greeks in such a way I humbley apologise to you Wyv! :D

would of been my "biggest" autograph... i only have autograph's of Tommy Christ from Scatterbrain/Ludichrist and bassist from Nuclear Assault.. :yell: :erk:

Don't beat yourself up over it. :D You got to meet him. You can always tell your grandkids the story about how you met him and then crank up "I Wanna Rock" on your totally tricked out, fully loaded wheelchair sound system.