DEEP PURPLE DATES

princess_of_the_night2112

Goddess of Metal
May 23, 2005
Glasgow
This is gonny be brilliant - I cannot wait to see DP. It's not until next year but the tickets are on sale now for Glasgow - I got 2 this morning for third row in the front stalls - BRILLIANT STUFF!!!!. Right enough I'll definitely be at the bar for Styx and then just wander into the hall a few minutes before Purple come on!!!

Deep Purple and Styx are teaming up for a UK tour next Spring. The dates are:

Newcastle Metro Radio Arena April 21, Manchester MEN Arena 22, Nottingham Arena 24, Cardiff CIA Arena 25, Bournemouth BIC 27, London Wembley Arena 28, Brighton Centre 29, Glasgow Clyde Auditorium May 1, Sheffield Hallam FM Arena 2, Birmingham NEC 3.

*** BREAKING NEWS***

I read about Deep Purple and a few days ago I got a Newsletter from Kelly from Snake Ride Rodeo. They open for Deep Purple and Alice Cooper. 15-06 this year!!!! So you see quality is rewarded finally.. You know I like their songs and especially Bridge to yesterday..and I said in previous comments on this board they are much , much, much (X1000times)more than a tribute-band! And here is the result..Congratulations Snake Ride Rodeo! There is always somebody who reads the comments I think, ghe,ghe..

A slice from that Newsletter!

English Version:

Just one news to spread today, but it's a rather important one...

We'll opening for Deep Purple and Alice Cooper at the 15th of June in Bonn/Germany. The venue is the Museumsmeile.

If you want to come, hurry. I don't think it's sold out yet.

Pretty cool to be the opener for our such old heroes of rock, eh?

:)

Keep on rockin',

Snake Ride Rodeo
info@snake-ride-rodeo.de

www.snake-ride-rodeo.de

German Version

Tach zusammen,

So, nur eine News, aber dafür eine ziemlich wichtige...

Wir sind mal wieder Live zu sehen, am 15.06.06 in Bonn auf der Museumsmeile und zwar als Support für Deep Purple und Alice Cooper.

Karten usw. gibts dafür wohl immer noch.

Schon geil so vor seinen alten Helden zu spielen... da lacht die Koralle.

Thanks for the news, Princess !

Gillan mentioned the Tour with Styx at the Monsters of Rock last Saturday. I saw the beginning of the Deep Purple Tour at the Astoria in January and it rooooocccckkkkkkkkkkks ! Much better than the Bananas Tour where I saw them blown off stage by Skynyrd 5 times (although DP were superb later in Germany with Molly Hatchet!), and Rapture of the Deep is a stronger album in my opinion.

DP set list at Monsters of Rock was (in order):

Pictures of Home
Things I Never Said
Hush
Strange Kind of Woman
Stormbringer
? (off for a p!ss - but could have been Wrong Man) ?
Lazy
[Don Airey solo]
Perfect Strangers
Space Trucking
Killing Machine
Smoke on the Water
------------
[Medley]
Black Night

When are you seeing Diamond Head - Princess ? I hope to be at their 21st June gig at The Underworld.

Cheers,

Goss.

Interested to see Deep Purple on a normal tour, in an arena.
First time I saw them was last week at Monsters of Rock!

I'd expected a little dissapointment after Alice Cooper but was pleasantly surprised!:headbang:

GOSS said:
When are you seeing Diamond Head - Princess ? I hope to be at their 21st June gig at The Underworld.

Cheers,

Goss.

I'd love to see Diamond Head at The Underworld as well Goss but probably can't really afford to get down there, so will wait till Diamond Head come up here - I heard it was supposed to be July/August for a Glasgow gig but there's nothing on their site yet.

heavycelli said:
*** BREAKING NEWS***

I read about Deep Purple and a few days ago I got a Newsletter from Kelly from Snake Ride Rodeo.

Wow, thanks HeavyCelli.

It's really some kind of honour for us to play that gig, and we'll play our ass off that day... by any means.

:headbang: