Now that's what I call a tour...

ha, that's the best you can do?

Tim Mills has contributed a few really cool pieces of music and has shown a real interest in the whole "Something Wicked" story, and a real passion for being involved with the band. All this while owning and operating his own company (Bare Knuckle Pickups). I'm impressed, it's a rare quality, believe me.

New Single Info / Guitarist Update

I think by the time they play Wacken, the guitarist will leave after the first song, they'll find a new one to join the band halfway through the 3rd song, and then he'll leave just after the solo. In a couple of years at this ever-accelerating rate, anyone in the world who has ever picked up a guitar will have also been a one-time member of Iced Earth!

There's also another (more detailed) album update at http://icedearth.com/wwwbb_msg.php?m=30 (Tranquillian's was two news-items old)

Neil

I recently got into "Ashes of the Wake". It's actually a really fucking good album! I find it especially good to listen to when working out.
Preach on. If this disc doesn't make you want to injure a fellow human being, nothing will.

I even considered making it one of my recommendations because sure, everyone has heard of the band, but I think it would get more appreciation around here than it does if people weren't put off by how popular they are. I could be totally wrong though.
If Lamb of God was French, on some obscure label, and you could only get their material on 7" splits, this forum would be in full on circle jerk mode. However, they're American, the lead singer has short hair (goat forbid) and the band has built a sizable following (an unforgivable sin to the fans who make up the "underground") through touring relentlessly.

If you get the chance to catch their live show, do so. I saw them on Gigantour (or as Dave should have called last year's outing, "Thanks for letting me Headline and Fattening my 401K"). Quite simply, they owned. The crowd was their bitch.

Zod

That's so fucking stupid. The reason why Lamb of God sucks has nothing to do that they are popular. Their riffing is bland, it's the half thrash/groove bullshit that never goes anywhere. Lamb of God is the definition of bland metal.

If Lamb of God was French, on some obscure label, and you could only get their material on 7" splits, this forum would be in full on circle jerk mode. However, they're American, the lead singer has short hair (goat forbid) and the band has built a sizable following (an unforgivable sin to the fans who make up the "underground") through touring relentlessly.

You don't give fans, or the folks in RC, enough credit. Despite popularity, rarity, or nationality, people are able to discern what they like and don't like based on music.

That being said, I don't know who you're talking to. I don't really like vinyl. :dopey:

EDIT: It would be just as guilty to ignore a band based on the traits you described.

nah, more like stating facts about a mediocre band.

and yes, i mind if you do a j.?

:lol:!!!

fwiw, and i'm sure i'm the only one here who holds this opinion, lamb of god>>>pantera. i thoroughly enjoyed their first 3 and dust them off once in a while; although i can't say they're anything terribly innovative the musicianship is tight, the songs are punchy, and they put on a good live show.

If you have an open sore on your pole it's quite possible. Though harmful viral agents have a tough time surviving in the mouth, so you'de probably be just as safe allowing the Aids inflicted broad bombard your beanstalk.

well i think most of your logics here are flawed, gents, you'd be *receiving* head so is it possible to get either? i don't think so...

i think the real question is, which one is herpes and which one is aids?