IRON MAIDEN DATES!!!!!!

princess_of_the_night2112

Goddess of Metal
May 23, 2005
Glasgow
Woooohoooooo how's this for an early Christmas present for all you Maiden fans. Brilliant news and I'll need to stay off the Morgans Spiced Rum for this one cos I still can't really remember seeing them at Reading all those years ago which is just totally shocking!!!!! Dates in December;-

Tue 12 ENGLAND, Birmingham NEC

Thu 14 ENGLAND, Manchester Arena

Fri 15 SCOTLAND, Glasgow SECC

Sun 17 ENGLAND, Newcastle Arena

Mon 18 ENGLAND, Sheffield Arena

Wed 20 IRELAND, Dublin The Point

Fri 22 ENGLAND, London Earls Court

Tickets for the fanclub members go on sale on Friday, 10th March and 17th March for general public.

IRON MAIDEN confirmed tour dates:

Nov. 09 - Aalborg, DEN @ Gigantium
Nov. 10 - Copenhagen, DEN @ Valby
Nov. 12 - Tampere, FIN @ Icehall
Nov. 14 - Helsinki, FIN @ Hartwall Arena
Nov. 15 - Helsinki, FIN @ Hartwall Arena
Nov. 17 - Stockholm, SWE @ The Globe
Nov. 18 - Stockholm, SWE @ The Globe
Nov. 20 - Gothenburg, SWE @ Scandinavium
Nov. 21 - Oslo, NOR @ Valhall
Nov. 23 - Bergen, NOR @ Vestlandshallen
Nov. 25 - Stockholm, SWE @ The Globe
Nov. 27 - Den Bosch, NETH @ Brabenthallen
Nov. 28 - Paris, FRA @ Palais Omnisport de Bercy
Nov. 30 - Barcelona, FRA @ Palau Sant Jordi
Dec. 02 - Milan, ITA @ DatchForum
Dec. 05 - Zurich, SWI @ Hallenstadion
Dec. 07 - Stuttgart, GER @ Schleyerhalle
Dec. 08 - Dortmund, GER @ Westfallenhalle
Dec. 11 - Cardiff, UK @ NIA
Dec. 12 - Birmingham, UK @ NEC
Dec. 14 - Manchester, UK @ Arena
Dec. 15 - Glasgow, UK @ SECC
Dec. 17 - Newcastle, UK @ Arena
Dec. 18 - Sheffield, UK @ Arena
Dec. 20 - Dublin, IRE @ The Point
Dec. 22 - London, UK @ Earls Court

I'm planning on flying over for a few gigs myself :cool:

Thanks for posting Princess :kickass:

Golden_Goose said:
I'm planning on flying over for a few gigs myself :cool:

I'm impressed Goose, you totally rock!!! I'll see you down the front at The SECC if you're planning on catching the Glasgow show.

This will be another totally sensational concert and I'm not sure how much the tickets will be but probably around £30 or more even but hellsbells that's well worth it just to hear Phantom of the Opera live, which they better play or I'll be wanting my money back hoho.

Think it's Trivium for support - crikey I'll need to remember and take some earplugs with me to drown them out. Why could it not be someone amazing like Diamond Head or Blitzkrieg!!!!! Well, I've only heard a handful of Trivium songs and I didn't actually hate them but they didn't exactly get my juices going, so will give them another listen a few weeks before the concert.

Im gunna go to the Earls court gig, it's looking likely that there will be another gig at earls court on the 23rd aswell which will be awesome

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
I'm impressed Goose, you totally rock!!! I'll see you down the front at The SECC if you're planning on catching the Glasgow show.

This will be another totally sensational concert and I'm not sure how much the tickets will be but probably around £30 or more even but hellsbells that's well worth it just to hear Phantom of the Opera live, which they better play or I'll be wanting my money back hoho.

Think it's Trivium for support - crikey I'll need to remember and take some earplugs with me to drown them out. Why could it not be someone amazing like Diamond Head or Blitzkrieg!!!!! Well, I've only heard a handful of Trivium songs and I didn't actually hate them but they didn't exactly get my juices going, so will give them another listen a few weeks before the concert.

Trivium it is Princess but I'd rather have a full set from SAXON to poen the show:kickass:

As it stands now I think I'll be doing Newcastle & Sheffield as I'll only be there for about 5 days and need time to travel to and from and TRY to get some sleep o_O I haven't made any plans yet as far as booking a flight but who knows? I'd like to catch the Glasgow gig too :cool:

Metal_Head_666 said:
Im gunna go to the Earls court gig, it's looking likely that there will be another gig at earls court on the 23rd aswell which will be awesome

Shame Earls Court is such a shite venue. I know it hold a big capacity but sometime's playing a 4 or 5 nights at a smaller venue must be better, think of the fans and the sound for once ! :err:

Golden_Goose said:
Trivium it is Princess but I'd rather have a full set from SAXON to open the show:kickass:

As it stands now I think I'll be doing Newcastle & Sheffield as I'll only be there for about 5 days and need time to travel to and from and TRY to get some sleep o_O I haven't made any plans yet as far as booking a flight but who knows? I'd like to catch the Glasgow gig too :cool:

Goose, I guess seeing bands like Maiden in their US heyday you are used to the "Enormodomes" of the states but if I can recommend a venue for size but intamacy in the UK I would recommend the Cardiff NIA ! The whole layout of the arena means with a standing ticket you have a great view from anywhere. It's also right in the heart of the city so a few beers and cheap hotels are easily located. Trust me when I say this is from my own gig goers perspective, F.Y.I. my nearest venues are generally London and I have and will go to Cardiff ahead of London Wembley Arena and Earls Court. (Adding 200 miles to my journey and its worth it!)

Finally you can get good, cheap internal flights via Easy Jet et al from Bristol Airport certainly to Glasgow and Newcastle.

Hope this helps buddy, may even see you in Cardiff ! :Smokin:

princess_of_the_night2112 said:

Princess, please give Trivium a go, they are one of a very few "NEW" bands I have taken to, :cry: it's depressing the lack of new good bands. Trivium are the "BASTARD OFFSPRING OF MAIDEN AND METALLICA!" i.e. the good bits :lol:

Fingers said:
Goose, I guess seeing bands like Maiden in their US heyday you are used to the "Enormodomes" of the states but if I can recommend a venue for size but intamacy in the UK I would recommend the Cardiff NIA ! The whole layout of the arena means with a standing ticket you have a great view from anywhere. It's also right in the heart of the city so a few beers and cheap hotels are easily located. Trust me when I say this is from my own gig goers perspective, F.Y.I. my nearest venues are generally London and I have and will go to Cardiff ahead of London Wembley Arena and Earls Court. (Adding 200 miles to my journey and its worth it!)

Finally you can get good, cheap internal flights via Easy Jet et al from Bristol Airport certainly to Glasgow and Newcastle.

Hope this helps buddy, may even see you in Cardiff ! :Smokin:

Fingers, thanks for the info :kickass: I wouldn't say I'm used to seeing Maiden in huge arenas (Powerslave, POM, SSOASS tours) I've also seen them play Madison Square Garden several times (20,000 seats I'd say) i've seen them play smaller halls like Radio city Music Hall,the Hammerstein Ballroom and Roseland Ballroom in NYC to a small club here in New Jersey called The Birch Hill Night Club that holds about 500 people:zombie: Maiden toured there with Blaze for X-Factor which was about as intimate a gig as you'll ever find:cool:

i'm going to see what's what about flying over as I'd LOVE to see them there because let's face it........the crowds overseas are ALOT better then those here.

I also heard a rumor of several US dates here in Jan. with Madison Square Garden being one of them along with the Continental Airlines Arena which is only 15 mins from my house.

Fingers said:
Trivium are the "BASTARD OFFSPRING OF MAIDEN AND METALLICA!" i.e. the good bits :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok Fingers, I will give them another wee listen. Someone did recommend them to me a wee while ago and I downloaded about 4 songs, can't remember what they were called but one was definitely called A Gunshot To The Head of Trepidation (or something along those lines), I think that one was alright but I couldn't have liked them that much cos they're not in my downloading bay anymore so I must have deleted them. Can you name me a couple of their better songs and I'll see what I think of them.

its actuall clever of maiden to have bands like trivium and funeral for a freind,
because even though the latter is shit, they are spreading their influence to people who like other stuff, whereas if they had another old heavy metal band supporting 99% of people would already like them.

Still, i would rather see old heavy metal bands supporting them.

Oh FFS are FFAF gonny be there as well. Bloody hell I loathe those twats.

Well the thing is I'd much prefer to have any NWOBHM band there, that being my favourite genre of music, someone like obvioously the mighty Saxon, Diamond Head or Blitzkrieg or Mantis, Girlschool any band along those lines would be stonking but cos I want to be right at the front for Maiden, I'll need to get there early to make sure I get right down the front, so I'm going to have to suffer Trivium's full set and I still haven't heard much of their stuff, but I just know they will be tripe.

You know something, sometimes I wish bands would just tour themselves and forget all about support bands if they are just a pile of dross and I'm not talking about Trivium here but I've seen lots of shitey support bands over the years and some of them have made me feel physically sick. And that's what was brilliant in October there when we saw Saxon cos the support band never appeared and it was just Saxon and that was superb cos that was all I wanted to see.

And this is what is tremendous about this up and coming Saxon tour cos they have at least put on another fantastic band on the bill, Blitzkrieg and obviously Girlschool for Wolverhampton - I swear, I couldn't have picked 2 better bands to support Saxon. It'll be phenomenal and even if you don't rate Blitzkrieg and Girlschool as highly as I do, once you see them live, I'm pretty sure they will rock you to the core.

pRINCESS, FAN CLUB MEMBERS ARE BEING OFFERED 'SPECIAL TICKETS' SO THAT THEY GET INTO THE VENUE BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE AND GET TO THE BARRIER!!!

wHAT HAPPENED TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS OF LOOKING OVER EVERYONE AND SAYING "i CAN SEE HIM OVER THERE, ALRIGGHT MATE" BEFORE PUSHING PAST PEOPLE PRETENDING YOU WERETRYING TO GET TO YOUR MATES :loco: :kickass:

Thanks Dan for that information. I wasn't too sure if I'm a fanclub member or not but I do receive emails from them. In fact I got one this morning but I didn't read it but I've read it now and it was on about these special tickets, so I've now joined their fanclub, it was free anyway like, so tomorrow morning they're gonny email me some code thing which lets you get these special tickets. Holy hell my credit card is taking a right hammering this week between getting Whitesnake tickets, Saxon tickets, Twisted Sister tickets and now Maiden tickets. Are you going to Maiden Dan?.

Mad Dan McCafferty said:
thinkin of going to see UFO at the Rock & Blues custom festival in Derby this summer.

'Kin great venue. I saw Blackfoot there last year. Great atmosphere (it's run by the Outlaws), but can get a wee bit muddy !!!!!
Cheers,
Goss.

Golden_Goose said:
Fingers, thanks for the info :kickass: I wouldn't say I'm used to seeing Maiden in huge arenas (Powerslave, POM, SSOASS tours) I've also seen them play Madison Square Garden several times (20,000 seats I'd say) i've seen them play smaller halls like Radio city Music Hall,the Hammerstein Ballroom and Roseland Ballroom in NYC to a small club here in New Jersey called The Birch Hill Night Club that holds about 500 people:zombie: Maiden toured there with Blaze for X-Factor which was about as intimate a gig as you'll ever find:cool:

i'm going to see what's what about flying over as I'd LOVE to see them there because let's face it........the crowds overseas are ALOT better then those here.

I also heard a rumor of several US dates here in Jan. with Madison Square Garden being one of them along with the Continental Airlines Arena which is only 15 mins from my house.
JANUARY

Mon 8 CANADA, Quebec City Colisée de Québec
Tue 9 CANADA, Montréal Bell Centre
Thur 11 CANADA, Toronto Air Canada Centre
Fri 12 USA, Boston, MA DCU Center
Sat 13 USA, New York, NY MSG
Mon, 15 USA, E. Rutherford, NJ Continental Airlines Arena
Wed, 17 USA, Chicago, IL Allstate Arena
Fri, 19 USA, Denver, CO Pepsi Center
Sat 20 USA, Houston, TX Toyota Center
Mon 22 USA, Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
Wed 24 USA, San Diego, CA Sports Arena
Fri 26 USA, Los Angeles, CA Universal Amphitheatre
Sat 27 USA, Los Angeles, CA Universal Amphitheatre

Just got my Maiden tickets for Birmingham and Earls Court. Princess - are you going to them, or just to Glasgie ? Pax - are you and Sammi going to Manchester ? Might go to Cardiff as well.
Cheers,
Goss.

Just got Cardiff too. 'Kin rooooooocccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk !!!! Absolutely skint now !! Next up, x5 Skinny Molly tour, then Thin Lizzy at Hammersmith and Anthrax at Astoria. Can't wait 'til the Saxon Tour !!!!!
Cheers,
Goss.