10. Perfect Strangers
11. Highway Star
12. Doing It Tonight
13. Lazy
14. When A Blind Man Cries
15. Space Trucking
16. Smoke

Encore 1. Hush
Encore 2. Black Night (preceded by a Roger/Ian bass and drum rhythm hitout that went for about 2 or 3 minutes).

You could tell that it was going to be a great night from the moment the band walked on stage and IG walked out like an astronaut walking to the ship before a flight. He walked out in slow motion with his long white shirt and trousers. I thought it looked cool.

To my complete surprise, I had front row centre seats. It was probably the best seating I have ever had for a gig, and it was cool to see all of the little interactive moments between the guys. I must say that the highlights of the night for me were all of the Bananas tracks. I thought they sounded stunning and were represented alot better than they were on the album. Makes me wonder if Bradford over produced the record? I thought Silver Tongue was a brilliant opener. Contact Lost/Steves Solo/Well dressed guitar was another obvious highlight. The man is awesome.

Interestingly, all of the regular songs like Strange Kinda/Black Night/Lazy etc were modified from previous tours. For example, listen out for the part in Strange Kinda Woman when Ian sings "Spent My Money as I took my Turn"... You can hear Roger mimic Steves guitar line, which he hasnt done previously. Sounded great. There were many minor differences like this that I noticed, and made it alot more interesting for fans like us who have heard those songs 16.7 billion times.

The band seemed to be in a real good mood. Especially IG who was always smiling and joking around. He seemed to be totally in awe of Steves playing last night. It was nice to see the whole band, including Gillan sitting on stage to watch Contact Lost and Steves solo. I was watching their faces and you could just tell that even they were watching something. special from Steve. Gillan went and gave him a hug after the solo as well which I thought was a nice moment.

At the end of one of the songs, Gillan was just pointing at Steve for about 15 seconds as if to say 'You the Man', but I think he realised he should pay the other guys dues as well, as he quickly pointed to Don, Rog and IP as well, although they only got very brief points

I managed to score a VIP passa backstage pass. After the gig I waited around front of stage untill I was eventually led back and up a bit flight of stairs by a good lookin girl. I was the first ones in the room and thought I was in the wrong place as I stayed there alone for about 10 mins or so. Eventually in wandered the other BS people followed by Don, Rog, Steve and IG. I chatted briefly with Rog about the MH remasters and a little about Ronnie Dio and things like that. had a chat to Steve about Joe satriani and he told me that Satch/Purple are doing a co-headlining tour in the states later in the year.

He actually said he was a little nervous because "How do you follow a show that is 100% guitar driven?" Also talked for a bit about how he joined G3 on stage for a jam with Satch, Vai and Petrucci. Said it was a blast. Steve was cool and very humble as usual. Rog was his regular comedic self. I love that guy. Such a gentleman. Because I didnt know I was going backstage, I didnt take anything to get signed, but it was cool to just sit back and take it all in and have a bit of a chat

Billy Thorpe played 2 songs from his new album in progress, one called Tangier, the other I don't know), PLUS Gangster of Love, Most people I Know Think that I'm Crazy and Ooh-Ooh-Pa-Doo.
I thought that really long one he did was fuckin awesome

Spruce Goose said:
Setlist:

1. Silver Tongue
2. Woman From Tokyo
3. I Got Your Number
4. Strange Kind of Woman
5. Bananas
6. Knocking At Your Back Door
7. Contact Lost, into
8. Well Dressed Guitar
9. Don solo
10. Perfect Strangers
11. Highway Star
12. Doing It Tonight
13. Lazy
14. When A Blind Man Cries
15. Space Trucking
16. Smoke

Encore 1. Hush
Encore 2. Black Night (preceded by a Roger/Ian bass and drum rhythm hitout that went for about 2 or 3 minutes).

i went on Thurs night and got the same set list except we only got one encore which was Speed King!