Defleshed...thrash from Sweden

Steiner

Dyslexics Untie!
May 24, 2002
Rocklin, CA
www.google.com
Gotta love the Swedes. I've just stumbled onto yet another impressive thrash outfit hailing from good 'ol Sverige. These guys have been around since a demo in '91, but "Defleshed" didn't release their first studio album until '96.

Right now I'm listening to their '02 release "Royal Straight Flush". It's a little more melodic than most of the other newer European thrashers right now...Corporation 187, Hatesphere, Carnal Forge, etc.

Darkane fans in particular should enjoy the music, although the vocals are a little weak at times IMHO.

BTW...has anybody heard any of their older shit?

So...uh...like nobody's in to Defleshed...I guess? :( I thought somebody would surely light me up for saying I just now discovered these guys. I'm confident you will dig these guys becuase they have a very polished thrash sound. When have I ever let you guys down before? :D

Well, as you can tell by my screen name, I absolutely love defleshed. I've been listening to them for about 4 years or so, their old stuff is good, but Fast Forward and Royal Straight Flesh are the best. I just read that they are in the hitting the studio in June to record a new cd for a possible late 2004 release, it's going to be called "May the Flesh Be With You" I just hope they can come to the States sometime. Also, if you havent already, you should also check out Dimension Zero, another kick ass Swedish band with some dudes from In Flames in it. Rock on. :devil:

I was beginning to think I was the only one! Glad you posted. Defleshed are solid. I just ordered their '97 album "Under The Blade". I'm also a big Dimension Zero fan. Glenn Ljungstrom and Jesper Stromblad of In Flames play in that band. What's crazy is that Jesper, known for his amazing guitar work w/In Flames, Ceremonial Oath, and Sinergy, actually plays bass for DZ...and he's fucking amazing at that too. LOL. Amazing musician.

LOL...no problem TL. As punishment you now have to listen to 2...count em...2 Defleshed albums! :loco:

yeah he is amazing, I hope DZ gets to come to the states too, better yet, Defleshed and DZ together, now that would kick ass!

Hey!!! Defleshed rocks!!! One of sweden's finest death/thrash combo's. HEJA SVERIGE.
Under the blade, Fast forward and Royal straight flesh are three killer album's.

If you like that, you should check out Vomitory, Carnal Forge, Impious and a new band called Within Y. All of these bands are swedish breakneck metal.

Sverige är metal-kungar!!!

freddie said:
Hey!!! Defleshed rocks!!! One of sweden's finest death/thrash combo's. HEJA SVERIGE.
Under the blade, Fast forward and Royal straight flesh are three killer album's.

If you like that, you should check out Vomitory, Carnal Forge, Impious and a new band called Within Y. All of these bands are swedish breakneck metal.

Sverige är metal-kungar!!!
Thank God for Sweden! I've never heard any Vomitory. I'll have to check them out. I do have a couple Carnal Forge albums, the latest Impious album, and the 4 song Within Y demo. I'm actually glad you mentioned Within Y! I forgot that their new album is supposed to be coming out pretty soon. It looks like March 22nd is the release date for "Extended Mental Dimensions".

Steiner said:
When have I ever let you guys down before? :D
You haven't yet, dude :D -- these are the threads I crave -- my orders are in for one each -- The only Within Y, Royal Straight Flesh, and The Killer Digipack -- hope I'm not let down:p .

I bowed out from Vomitory -- from what I could gather, seemed more straight-up death...

I like the Thrash/Death/Black stuff (Witchery:headbang: ), I read other reviews too and it seems that I shouldn't go wrong with these three picks. I'll let you know what I think...

NP -- Ancient -- Lilith's Embrace

Insania said:
You haven't yet, dude :D -- these are the threads I crave -- my orders are in for one each -- The only Within Y, Royal Straight Flesh, and The Killer Digipack -- hope I'm not let down:p .

I bowed out from Vomitory -- from what I could gather, seemed more straight-up death...

I like the Thrash/Death/Black stuff (Witchery:headbang: ), I read other reviews too and it seems that I shouldn't go wrong with these three picks. I'll let you know what I think...

NP -- Ancient -- Lilith's Embrace
LOL. I'm feeling the pressure now...gulp. :D Did you order the 4 song Within Y demo, "Feeble And Weak" or pre-order their new album, "Extended Mental Dimensions"? I think the new album is set to be released in Europe on 3/22. The reviews I've read all have had great things to say...Melodic Death w/At The Gates riffage and some thrash mixed in seems to be the description. Vocals are supposedly a little weak but just the same I can't wait to hear this album.

Steiner said:
Did you order the 4 song Within Y demo, "Feeble And Weak" or pre-order their new album, "Extended Mental Dimensions"?
I ordered Extended Mental Dimensions, but I now see it must be a pre-order:p .

I went to The End this time, never gone this way before. The only local metal store dude said he's calling it quits, after almost 7 years with his store, which really sucks -- I always ordered through him and I always had someone to talk metal with everytime I went in.

The business side of metal has been a real fuckin letdown, what with this guy folding up, the Crown folding, Testament losing out on a local show 'cause of a promoter, etc. That's why I admire metal musicians so much, they give a hell of a lot more than just music to their fans...

Insania said:
I ordered Extended Mental Dimensions, but I now see it must be a pre-order:p .

I went to The End this time, never gone this way before. The only local metal store dude said he's calling it quits, after almost 7 years with his store, which really sucks -- I always ordered through him and I always had someone to talk metal with everytime I went in.

The business side of metal has been a real fuckin letdown, what with this guy folding up, the Crown folding, Testament losing out on a local show 'cause of a promoter, etc. That's why I admire metal musicians so much, they give a hell of a lot more than just music to their fans...
Can't argue with that. Not to many metal musicians go in the business with the goal of becoming rich. Some eventually do, but they're pretty rare. Real musicians do it for the love of the music and the respect of the fans. That's why I'm writing this shit in a Testament forum and not a Metallica forum. :D

Steiner said:
Thank God for Sweden! I've never heard any Vomitory. I'll have to check them out. I do have a couple Carnal Forge albums, the latest Impious album, and the 4 song Within Y demo. I'm actually glad you mentioned Within Y! I forgot that their new album is supposed to be coming out pretty soon. It looks like March 22nd is the release date for "Extended Mental Dimensions".

It will be released on monday here in sweden. I've pre-ordered it. I couldn't help myself from downloading it... :erk: But let me tell you, it fucking rocks!!! :headbang:

I got the 4 track demo last summer and got hooked right away. They are really into the old school Göteborgs death.

By the way, At the gates rule!!! :worship:

Pre-order or not, I got all three yesterday -- but I also picked up the new Exodus and Grip Inc., and a few others. Too much all at once, and having only listened to a few from each, I think Royal Straight Flesh is pretty cool, but with some feeble-sounding snare? drums. Within Y -- I gotta get into the vocals still, and The Killer -- sorta deathy, but like a Crown sorta death, which I like.

More later...the Exodus and Grip take priority...

After so much heavy -heavy- metal I am chillin with the new Godsmack
Acoustic EP.

It's very cool. They can make an acoustic EP almost as good as Alice in Chains
and when it comes to Acoustic, nobody does it better than Alice in Chains.

What do you mean guh?

It's an honest acoustic rock record. The chord arrangements are very
creative and pretty cool. It's very emotionally vulnerable and the guitar
tones are very rich and the vocals are very melodic and soulful.
It's not uber-greatness like Alice in Chains but nobody else has ever
come closer than Godsmack right now.

It's not shitty cheesy gay bollocks a la Fred Durst making massacre of the Who classic "Behind Blue Eyes"...when I heard that shit at Best Buy I cringed hard.
So wrong.

Officer Friendly said:
What do you mean guh?

It's an honest acoustic rock record. The chord arrangements are very
creative and pretty cool. It's very emotionally vulnerable and the guitar
tones are very rich and the vocals are very melodic and soulful.
It's not uber-greatness like Alice in Chains but nobody else has ever
come closer than Godsmack right now.
I've just never felt Godsmack were much more than "mallcore". Maybe I'll give it a listen.