Deftones

Deftones is a very nice band, i can't tolerate 98% of the other bands from the nu metal scene, but deftones is unique, emotionally charged dark music, my fave cd is their last one(self titled), sometimes it is like my bloody valentine meets fear factory!! hexagram is a mind blowing song..
The only deftones album that i don't like is the first one, boring and without identity in my opinion, around the fur and white poney are modern metal classics...

around the fur is a fantastic album! especially be quiet and drive and the 2nd track. Didnt really like the stuff after white pony though

I really like "Around The Fur" and especially "White Pony", an album that I still listen to from time to time. Have'nt heard the stuff they've done from "White Pony" and forward.

Sounds like I should check out the self-entitled album after reading the posts here though.

I loooove deftones, my favorite group next to katatonia! =) weee I'm gonna se them on the roskilde festival :D somebody else? :p

Deftones just nu metal. Medium - heavy - light, easy sound. Not smart and interesting like Katatonia, Opeth, Tool, but no so shitty and brainless crap like others nu-metals bands on novadays scene.

P.S : Songs like Minerva and Back to School very nice.

I remember seeing the video of Back to school at the time and it hit me terribly. For years I thought Deftones is just one of those nu-metal bands you find everywhere in US but finally couple of months ago my opinion changed :p Great band, really. Especially Knife prty.

develinn said:
I loooove deftones, my favorite group next to katatonia! =) weee I'm gonna se them on the roskilde festival :D somebody else? :p

i heard that Cliche Kid is going???

The self-titled Deftones was the first cd I bought (and the first metal cd).

I was 13 years old back then. I was hooked up with ''Minerva'', then with ''BQAD'', ''Change''... I got the enhanced version with the pics, the videos and all theese stuff, and I became a big fan.

Deftones shouldn't be compared to other nu-metal crappy bands. When Deftones released their debut there was no nu-metal at all. Their lyrics aren't stupid, with no meaning like most nu-metal bands. Their music gets too hard to be nu-metal, it's not for an average listener.

Looking forward for their new release this year. Rumors said that the title would be ''Saturday Night Wrist'', but I haven't check anything new for months, so it may have been changed.

well this thread has inspired me to look for my copy of white pony...i got it maybe 5 or 6 years ago when i was really into them.

edit: well i found the cd case, but i have no idea where the actual cd is...damn.

when i think about it... digital bath was an awesome song which always made me dream of summer nights... don't know why... maybe i should give 'em an ear :)

I too would have to say that Deftones is good. A good part of it is the nostalgia factor, but they really are a cool band. I'll also be seeing them soon -- they're going on tour in the States later this year (with some other bands, one of which is Dir en grey). My favorite Deftones album is probably the first, but they all have something different to offer. I bet Katatonia fans would generally like White Pony the most.

Just to mention: Dir En Grey are great! Very obscure and weird band. Now listening to their single -saku-. Awesome! But Deftones are still better. I think...