Degree Absolute

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Hey Neil,

When exactly did you mix this album or did you produce it as well? Metal-Archives lists their CD originally released in 2003. Does this mean you re-mixed the disc or was that merely a demo? If it's an old work, why did it take so long for them to release it?

I personally think the sample on LaserCD is very akin to Zero Hour. I am intrigued and will be buying the album blind.

Any comments?

Hi..

First of all, to clear things up, this is not a remix - it's the first mixing of the album. I worked with Aaron on this from the demo stages, in the sense that I helped steer him in the right direction with his recording process and with regard to the production aspect. Due to the fact that we live on opposite sides of the country, I was unable to produce the album from scratch, so I was keen to help him get the ball rolling fidelity-wise so that mixing would not be too much of a struggle due to incompatible formats etc. I then mixed the album in July, and am now really looking forward to seeing the product out on the street in January. I really like what Aaron is doing, and I certainly very much hope to be even more involved with his project in the future.

Neil K.