Deicide arrested on drugs/weapons charges..

I find that hilarious. Two members of a really bad death metal band are arrested for drugs.

It's like Christmas...for me and them.:devil:

Lol. I read about that on another board. For some reason, Deicide didn't seem like the kind of band that would smoke weed. What I found even more strange is that Eric Hoffman does steroids, as he doesn't look that huge or anything.

hibernal_dream said:
They were charged with 'intent to sell a controlled substance', and were carrying quite a lot of drugs, so maybe they don't smoke the stuff.
It's a possiblity, but there are very few dealers that don't actually also indulge in what they sell.

DEICIDE's record label issued a statement today directly countering a newspaper report that the group's guitarist and a member of their road crew were arrested when they were found with drugs and weapons in a mobile home they were driving in upstate New York en route to Detroit from Canada.

Buffalo News quoted a New York State Police source on Thursday as saying DEICIDE's Eric P. Hoffman, 35, of New Port Richey, Fla., was arrested on October 21 on charges of criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, possession of a hypodermic needle and three misdemeanor charges of criminal possession of a controlled substance. Also reportedly arrested was Benjamin T. Boynton, 43, a member of the band's road crew (misidentified in the article as a member of DEICIDE), of Madras, Ore., who was charged Tuesday afternoon with third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, felony marijuana possession, felony weapon possession and two misdemeanor counts of criminal possession of a weapon.

Earache Records, who were apparently unaware of the Buffalo News report before they decided to comment on the incident, issued the following statement today as part of their weekly news update:

"DEICIDE were forced to miss their October 21 show in Detroit, Michigan, due to a misunderstanding with officials at the Canadian border. According to frontman Glen Benton who was travelling separately from his three bandmates, Benton arrived at the Detroit venue in time for soundcheck, only to find drummer Steve Asheim and the Hoffman brothers nowhere in sight. It was soon revealed that the tardy parties were being detained by officials at the Canadian border and they would not make it to Detroit in time for the show. The men were held at the border over night and were finally released early the following morning, with no charges against them. DEICIDE would like to sincerely apologize to all the Detroit fans, and promise to make it up to them soon."

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
I recall seeing the brothers Hoffman endorsing some bong company in an ad, in Pit magazine a few years back. I don't know why I was reading an issue of Pit though.....
Wow. For some reason I can't imagine Deicide doing an ad for weed pariphenelia.

I've met them previously and they smoke dope like it's going out of style. Plus they freely admit to both that and taking steroids so it's really no huge surprise.

Where's the justice? Varg gets locked up for killing one person, yet these crappy musicians will undoubtedly kill many more with their drugs and are set free with a rap on the knucles