DEICIDE Gearing Up To Record New Album (according to blabbermouth

Filth

Nov 26, 2002
Dundee Scotland
www.cradle-of-fear.com
Just had a look on Blabbermouth and noticed the following article:-

Earache Records head honcho Digby Pearson has revealed that DEICIDE has finished demoing most of the material that will appear on the group's next album, tentatively due in early 2008. "Touring as been curtailed as Glen [Benton, bass/vocals] has some legal issues pending BUT that has given the main writer — Steve Asheim [drums] — plenty of time to get creative," Digby said. "Both Jack Owen [guitar; ex-CANNIBAL CORPSE] and Steve have been working on demo-ing some more 'rock- based' projects and Ralph [Santolla; guitar] was ousted during the turmoil, but he quickly resurfaced as OBITUARY's guitarist.

Pearson continued, "DEICIDE DID look to be going nowhere — BUT — incredibly, out of the blue, we just received eight new DEICIDE songs in demo form, and they are incredible, like 'The Stench of Redemption' [2006] material but now even faster, if such a thing is possible. The band — Glen, Jack, Steve and probably Dave Suzuki [of VITAL REMAINS] (ex-guitarist Ralph Santolla might just appear as guest soloist?) will more than likely enter Morrisound Recording in September to record the new album. Earache will officially announce its release nearer the time, probably in stores around January 2008.

"As ever with DEICIDE, all information is subject to change."
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=78710

I email glen pretty frequently and i got word back that the new album will be titled "Till Death Do us Part"

I am so looking forward to this. It was a damn shame that the Ralph line-up didn't come to Canada - and I do hope he does some guest solos on the LP - but I still am anticipating this greatly...

Ralph couldnt get into Canada anyways man. He was supposed to with Obituary last week but he and Trevor of Obituary got denied at the border because of lack of paperwork.

The right circumstances and promoter couldve got them in.
My friends were dissapointed about him not being with Obituary.

The right circumstances and promoter couldve got them in.
My friends were dissapointed about him not being with Obituary.

Haha! Forgot to mention, Jack Owen was one of the guitarists on the bus who played in Santolla's place! :kickass:

He just happened to be on the bus with them for a few weeks for a little vacation.

Can't wait to hear "Till Death Do Us Part". And somehow I hope that the Hoffmanns will be in the boat again. Classic line-up and ... just a brutal horde of people. By the way wasn't there a live bootleg of Exodus in the 80's called "Till Death Do Us Part"? Whatever, Deicide wins!

Well, I see you got a serious point there. Thanks for the link!
in case your not aware, the hoffmans(at least eric) had Santolla as a guitar teacher and ralph thought of the solos and showed them. the only reason they werent busted by the cops for the drugs and stuff was because the cop was a fan. while on the subject of deicide, i find it ironic, in my opinion, that their best cover is on the worst album, in torment in hell