Deliverance in Aus

mindkiller

New Metal Member
Nov 29, 2002
Adelaide, Australia
Visit site
Can't say I'm all that happy that guys in Australia are now waiting until mid Jan for Deliverence to be released here. After various record stores giving out the 'next week' story, finally find out they haven't even pressed any yet for Australian release?!?!?

There was apparently a delivery of 300 digipacks sent but in a country of 18 mill, that's not gonna go too far.

Now I have actually heard the disc and love it - but must have the original coverwork etc, etc in my collection.

Anyone else on this forumn from Australia who has struck the same problems?

mk

yep sure could - will probably get it by early Jan!!. But that's not my point - if the record company say - "we release in Aus early Nov" and then don't even tell the stores that they never intended to do this, then someone has farked up.

Brilliant!! I was planning to head there tomorrow. I got the latest info from Songland at Tuggeranong, when I got to Canberra last night. I actually live in Adelaide and have been getting the run around over there for the past couple of weeks.

mk

Oh cool, didn't realise there was another Opeth fan in Canberra :) Kind of sucks, all of my friends like nu-metal stuff and I'm the only one that appreciates 'good' metal. Anyway if Impact have any copies left could you let me know? I haven't managed to buy my copy of it yet (only downloaded the mp3s) and I'm in Tuggeranong so I don't really feel like going all the way out to Civic unless I have to :)

Yep there's defiantely a few of us around. Myself and another guy have been trying to hunt it down. Got a stack of $$ left over due to no MFTB this year, so I'm buying up! I've got the full disc on MP3, but as I said, a true fan needs the original. I'll let you know what happens.

mk

Yeah I agree, a true fan needs to buy the albums. I'm already feeling somewhat guilty for not having the original yet even though I knew before I downloaded it that I was going to buy it. Anyway good luck with Impact.

Originally posted by mindkiller
Can't say I'm all that happy that guys in Australia are now waiting until mid Jan for Deliverence to be released here. After various record stores giving out the 'next week' story, finally find out they haven't even pressed any yet for Australian release?!?!?

There was apparently a delivery of 300 digipacks sent but in a country of 18 mill, that's not gonna go too far.

Now I have actually heard the disc and love it - but must have the original coverwork etc, etc in my collection.

Anyone else on this forumn from Australia who has struck the same problems?

mk

there is litterally 100's of copies in sydney and have been for several weeks!!!!!!

poor old canberra

Well here's proof - at the 'Mecca' Utopia records:

Search results:

Artist Item Description Price

OPETH CD DELIVERANCE $29.95

And a Impact:

OPETH
OPETH
DELIVERANCE-LTD.ED. DIGIPAK CD MUSIC FOR NATIO 32.00

Can't believe there's so many different stories going around.

I'm heading off now..........

mk

Well the news that Aus won't be recieveing any more copies other than the first shipment of 300 until January is......well, 'news' to me!!

Thank Fucking God I ordered my copies from the end records. (As you can pretty much guaruantee that NONE of the first batch of 300 are going to make it as far up as Cairns.....

I now have Digipack in my hands. Impact have about 14 on shelf, so Mindphaser - there's plenty there.

My search is finally over.

And when you have but 1 metal store in Adelaide, whose owner is a complete loser, then Utopia is like a Mecca!!

mk

Nice, looks like I'll be heading out there in the next few days when I have some spare cash. Thanks for the info.
By the way I go to Adelaide once every year or so and from what I could tell there were several fairly decent metal stores over there. Verandah Music? I think that's what one was called and they seemed alright. Oh well, maybe they weren't as good as I thought if they can't even get Deliverance.

hey Mindphaser - Verandah was exactly what I was talking about. The same guy has run it for 20 yrs and he's got to the point where he really couldn't give a shit!

Now that that I've got the disc - how do we go about getting these guys to tour here??

mk

Hey MK, I've got a brother down in Adelaide doing basic training till about mid-december, who I had asked to keep an eye out for Deliverance for me... He couldn't find any at first so I ended up ordering 2 copies from theendrecords.com and mailing on down to him last week. :D

What I was getting at, is that from the limited sources I could find, I was told that Verandah was the place to check for the more obscure metal titles and so on and so forth. So I was wondering, since you don't like it there so much, if you know what the GOOD shops for that kinda stuff in Adelaide are?

If you could hit me up with some names and addresses, I would greatly appreaciate it, as I could forward it to my brother nad he could go looking for some good music to bring back up with him to this desolate (metal) wasteland that is Cairns......

My Bro (Ethereal Sage) is waiting for Verandah to get their lastest CMI (Cold Meat Industry) shipment in.. (it was apparently due in a week to 2 ago...... :bah:

Hey Spike. As much as I hate to say it, Verandah IS the place in Adelaide. They do have the best range. BUT if something is not there that you want, then be prepared to wait for it. Not much else around unfortunately, and this is why the owner can do as he wants - no competition really, and no - don't anyone mention Sanity #:)

The only other store I recommend is Muses in Rundle Mall - there are suburban stores, but the city store has the best range. They don't have a big collection but to date have been very helpful (quick) in getting anything in that you may want.

There was a great little store in Hindley street which closed about a month ago - had plenty of rare stuff, but again, lack of sales pushes them out. :-(

mk