Denver, CO 2/2/04 @Ogden

yeah maybe you'll see me. I'll be up at the bar during devil driver's set...

again, I'll have a strappin gyoung lad hoodie on. name's kyle..but you'll catch my attention quicker if you say drip...because..nobody calls them self that. haha.

In come the butthurt nevermore fans... :p

I too was present for the show which Children of Bodom completely fucking stole with their 30 minutes of god damn brutal insanity; I don't care what anyone else says, they completely fucking owned that entire concert in my eyes/ears. The sound quality isnt bad at all, as long as you don't stand under the PAs, as was stated earlier in this thread. Unfortunately, out of all the venues in Colorado, The Ogden is my least favorite. So far the Paramount is my favorite, followed by the Fillmore and then the Boulder Fox.

I'm not gonna be going to this one, unfortunately. I love Opeth, but three times within the span of a year is too much for me. I've seen their heavy set, and I've seen their soft set, I don't see what else they could offer me that could justify my going. Yes, you read right, I just said I'm burned out on Opeth. It happens. If any of you need a bandaid for your ass when it gets hurt by reading this post, feel free to PM me ;)

Yeah, anything can be exhausting, no matter how great it is. I find myself getting burned out on BWP and Deliverance, but I'm gonna go see them play just that. Simply because I've never seen 'em live.

And yes, indeed. Children did kill everyone else. Dimmu's keyboards were incredibly monotonous and drowned everything else out.

So what did you guys think!? Now that the show is overwith and we're all letting our ears ring. I thought Devildriver was intense, but not my kind of music. Moonspell = satisfactory as usual and Opeth were indescribable.

It was fucking amazing. I absolutely loved Opeth's performance. I think the songs that they chose to play this tour are perfect for a live audience. Simply amazing. Can't stop thinking about it, and it was very cool that we got about 2 minutes of Credence just because that guy asked for it.

The show was awesome. Too bad the crowd wasn't really into Moonspell, thought they were pretty good too. Damn, I wish I didn't have to come into work today, gonna have a hell of a time staying awake.

TranquilDeath said:
So what did you guys think!? Now that the show is overwith and we're all letting our ears ring. I thought Devildriver was intense, but not my kind of music. Moonspell = satisfactory as usual and Opeth were indescribable.

Awesome show, I managed to get in front for Opeth's set, enduring the shots in the back from the pit. Two dudes where trying their best to protect their ladies, which they escourted right to the front, from getting slammed by the pit as well.

I loved the fact that Mikael busted into "Credence" and the whole band followed for a while. Now I know that Opeth does take requests, although too many where shouting for Demon of the Fall, did they really want to end the show that soon and get right to the closer? With so much epic material to choose from, Opeth should bag the openers next time and to a 3 hour show with a break in the middle, a la Dream Theater.

The crowd was totally into it, including all the mellower parts, you know a band has a hold on the audience when the whole place shuts up for the mellow parts and the Damnation tunes. Lopez looked possessed behind the drums, closing his eyes and just feeling the music. Peter got to play more leads and melody lines than last time I saw them at the Fox with Paradise Lost. They even had some dude on keys, no idea who he was, but it was sweet to have all the keyboard parts for the Damnation tunes.

Moonspell was alright and I missed Devildriver, as planned.

Da' Vapes

Yup, that was awesome. The majority of hte crowd seemed to prefer Devil Driver over Moonspell, that's kinda sad. Devil Driver wasn't bad....but every one of their songs could have been about 1 minute long because every song was 1 or 2 riffs...that got old very fast. Moonspell was pretty cool I thought, I only have one of hteir albums and the mp3 of In and Above Men.

Opeth was awesome. That was pretty cool when Mikael actually gave Credence a try.....that guy that was yelling for it was 2 people down from me in front of the top part (above the pit) and he was talking out his ass for a long time...but still, it was cool.

Again, Opeth showed up and played stellar. Blackwater Park was fuckin awesome :headbang: oh...who is the person playign the keyboards and singing the harmonies?

Did anyone else from the forum stay after and meet mikael? I only stayed long enough to get his picture...I had to haul ass back to greeley.... 8 am class this morning. (i'm fucking tired)

I was standing directly on the left of the guy that yelled for them to play Credence. I couldn't believe it when Mikael actually started playing it, with the rest of the band soon joining in. We all congratulated the guy as he had done all of us a great service. Later, during one of the lulls between songs he yells out "Opeth! The best fucking band in the wooorrrrllldd!!" Mikael stops for a second and politely replies "Thank you very much." Peter was smiling away at all of this. Its nice too see him not so serious. Denver loves Opeth! And I think Opeth knows it. When Mikael said that they'll be back in a year and half after they're done with their NEW ALBUM, everyone cheered like mad. Can't wait to here what they come up with next time!

Moonspell and Devildriver were really good opening bands too. I'm not sure if the crowd understood what Moonspell was all about, but they certainly got into the heavier grooves. "From Lowering Skies" was amazing! I definately have a new respect for Moonspell. (And yes they had that crazy skull pole again. Its like a bunch of vertebrae leading up to a tiny skull. hehe!) Devildriver had some good stuff too. I think the younger crowd there was more responsive to their stuff than to Moonspell's, but that's to be expected I guess. "I could care less" was much better live than on the CD, the recorded track is a bit too shrill. "The Mountain" "The Wretched" and "Cry for me Sky" were their best songs of the night I think. Whether you like these guys or not, Dez gave 100%. I kept expecting him to pass out from some of those yells.

Opeth dominated the show.

In case anyone is wondering about Opeth's setlist last night at Denver, here it is:

1. Master's Apprentices
2. The Drapery Falls
3. The Moor
4. Windowpane
4.5 Credence (Someone yelled it out and Mike played about 2 minutes of it along with the band
5. In My Time of Need
6. April Ethereal
7. Deliverance
8. Blackwater Park
9. Encore: Demon of the Fall

EXCELLENT SHOW!!!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Thats about the best I can do to sum up the show. Earlier in the afternoon I met up with Mikael walking down the street and shook his hand and chatted for a minute and then saw him again later in the local record store where later on they were playing Orchid in the background which was awesome. As for the show itself. Amazing. I gave Devildriver a chance but never got into it. Moonspell was great and "Everything Invaded" is an amazing live song. By the time Moonspell was done I was about deaf and went for a gatorade. Then of course comes the mighty Opeth. Words can't describe how great the performance was and "The Moor" live absoleutely rules as did everything else and I thinks its probably impossible to pick the song of the night. Deliverance was entrancing and it was great to hear one of my favorites Master's Apprentices to open the show. The show was perfect and for the majority of time before the show I was hanging out around the Ogden Theatre and even in it for awhile and the general area. Just being around the bands all day and then seeing an amazing show made it the best day ever. :headbang:

I thought the whole Forsberg / Bathory thing was some great stuff, and Mike screwing up the guitar on Credence was a bit of comic relief.