Desert Island and only 5 albums to take with you.

I remember when that album came out. They said it was going to be an Ozzy live album but he got wind that Sabbath were going to release Live Evil with Dio so he beat them to it. Don't know if it's true though. I've still got my tour t-shirt from that but it actually says 'Talk of the Devil' on it! I think someone screwed up!

Bert i may be wrong but wasnt that the original title of the over seas release. I thought i read it was speak of the devil in the states but talk of the devil in europe?? This is something i thought i read in kerrang in the 80s, but as usual that was ages ago so i may be wrong

Fred B said:
Bert i may be wrong but wasnt that the original title of the over seas release. I thought i read it was speak of the devil in the states but talk of the devil in europe?? This is something i thought i read in kerrang in the 80s, but as usual that was ages ago so i may be wrong
I bought this album here in the U.K. on cd in about 1990, and its titled 'Speak Of The Devil'. But they might have changed the european title when they re issued it on cd??? :err:

Fred -No sorry I can't remember how long Ozzy played for on the Bark At The Moon tour. But that was the last time I saw Ozzy too!

Yeah the album was called Speak Of The Devil, but the tour was Talk Of The Devil. I seem to remember at the time that there was some sort of mix up! I don't think it had anything to do with different releases in different counties, it was just a good ole f**k up!

Some good and surprising choices from everyone so far! Here's my list:
(Tough choices!)

1. Thin Lizzy: Live And Dangerous
2. UFO: Strangers In The Night or BBC Radio One Live In Concert
3. Hazzard: Hazzard
4. Deep Purple: Deepest Purple (or Made In Europe if compilations aren't allowed!)
5. Cry Of Love: Brother

Number five might change depending on my mood, but the other ones are pretty firm. Note: For more on Hazzard, check out a previous post of mine here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185128

1. Fate of Nations - Robert Plant
2. The Blessed Hellride - BLS
3. Toys in the Attic - Aerosmith
4. Long Cold Winter - Cinderella
5. The Wild,The Willing & The Innocent - UFO

Iron Maiden - Number of the beast
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Saxon - Heavy metal thunder
The Offspring - Smash
Children of bodom - Follow the reaper

There ya have it !

Bert wise choice on the wild,Willing and the innocent ....one of my favorite Paul Chapman UFO records ,thought i was the only one who dug that record. Nice to see some UFO choices on some of the lists. I came very close to adding Walk on Water and sharks to my list they would have made it had it not been a top 5 list. Im a Huge UFO/Schenker fan

Fred B said:
Bert wise choice on the wild,Willing and the innocent ....one of my favorite Paul Chapman UFO records ,thought i was the only one who dug that record. Nice to see some UFO choices on some of the lists. I came very close to adding Walk on Water and sharks to my list they would have made it had it not been a top 5 list. Im a Huge UFO/Schenker fan

Me too Fred B. Although more UFO than Schenker these days. Do you have those UFO and MSG Zoom Club 4 CD packs that came out of live soundboard recordings? If so what do you think? I love the Tonka era stuff. I didn't get to see UFO with Schenker until the Walk on Water Tour so Tonka was there when I first saw them ('79 I think!).

Good to see this thread still goin strong guys!
Also its pretty awesome to see the mighty 'Powerage' as one of so many peoples choices!! Great Great album! Bon Mate this drink is on you!

Bert i dont have the 4 pack CdS you are talking about . Let me know where i can read about them (track listings etc )i may be interested in picking them up
I love all UFO i have every studio album i even like Misdemeanor and High Stakes and Dangerous Men as well as the Tonka era stuff. I bring Best of the Rest with me if i go on a trip or something cause it has a good mix of the Chapman material i think the only live Chapman stuff i have is The texas 79 Cd called Parkers Birthday. I keep meaning to pick up Regenerator but havent gotten around to it yet those are pretty much all have seen in stores for Chapman stuff but would be interested in finding out about more. I also loved the Waysted material like Save your Prayers and i have the Waysted wont get out alive disc. Toy with the Passion rocks!!I know what you mean about MSG as his life has fallen apart his records have really suffered but the UFO records were killer i mean Walk on Water was a dynamite record and like Lionheart showed how a veteran band can still deliver a huge record that stands proudly next to the old stuff.The least said about the Convenant record the better. UFO have better songs on other records than the ones on WIld Willing and and the Innocent like Mechanix has we belong to the night and let it Rain but thats pretty much it. And the Way the Wind Blows is a huge track on Making Contact but the rest are fillers IMO . Thats why i agree with you on WIld Willing its there best all around disc its probally the only Chapman UFO disc i listien 2 start to finish. I love every song. Suprised as hell it was on your list i mean Lights Out ,Strangers and Obsession are pretty much the ones usually mentioned by most UFO fans. What do you think of NO Heavy Petting?? Again start to Finish next to Walk n Water and Sharks i listien to that one the most my favorite classic Schenker UFO Disc. And your up on me although i saw Waysted twice and MSG once i have never seen UFO and had a chance this past year and couldnt go when they rescheduled because of Pete Ways VISA problem. Friggin venue was 15 minutes from my house no less. Anyway, Let me know what sites i can find out more about those discs your reffering too. I got a MSG live 2 discs set from the Built to Destroy tour in Japan and i wanna say that was from Zoom records but im not sure its one of the ones your talking about. If so the sound quality wasnt the best i dont listien to it very much but i pretty much only listien to MSG ll and Assault Attack nowadays for Shenker solo stuff

Fred, I can recommend the Regenerator album. Classic Tonka. The track listings for the 4 cd Zoom Club recordings can be found on ebay. See item no.s 4705701367,4705694924,4702554220 and 4702560871. As I said before they are soundboard recordings but they are quite good. What do you reckon to Danny Vaughn's contribution to Waysted? I saw him play a couple of times prior to the Tyketto reunion. He's got one hell of a voice and he's a nice bloke too! I hadn't really heard much of Waysted's Fin until I bought the Japanese version of Back from the Dead which has 2 extra tracks where he sings The Wild,the Willing & the Innocent and also No Place To Run. He's no Phil Mogg but he does creditable versions. It does my heart good to know Tonka is still being listened to somewhere. Seems he and Pete have had a major bust-up over his guitar parts being excluded from the new CD. There were some bitter words from Tonka on his website calling Pete a Judas. Still it was a bit of a shitty thing to do to a so-called mate if what Tonka said was true. Rock on!:headbang: