Designing a band logo

The Unavoidable

jättebög
May 27, 2008
Umeå, Sweden
'sup.

I'm trying to design a logo for my band, and while I am somewhat handy with a pen, and the general design part, I have absolutely no clue on how I would go about scanning it/vectorize/etc and generally making it look like it wasn't just drawn on a pice of paper. I know there are some people around here that kick ass that this sort of stuff, so anyone got any pointers?

mmm, you have some options.

- you can scan it and then draw your logo in photoshop using this technique

- you can buy a digitalizer table like this one and draw it directly on photoshop or corel.

- or you can post it in here and see if someone can give it a shot.

cheers

I start off with a base text, then add shit to it using vectors in corel draw, making sure to keep enormous resolution (like 5000x5000). I then import it into photoshop and have my wicked way with it.

I have absolutely no clue on how I would go about scanning it/vectorize/etc and generally making it look like it wasn't just drawn on a pice of paper.

i would prefer this a lot more than these
boring standard vector/font logos.

draw it on a big piece of paper,
go to a copy shop and make a hi-res hi-quality scan.
edit it (if necessary) and that's it...

..then you'll have a logo that does not look like any other!;)

cheers
S.

1. draw in black and white with solid clean lines so you don't have much to clean up later
2. scan
3. open in illustrator (cs3 or cs4, 2 or before lacked this feature)
4. live trace (the program traces for you there is no drawing required)
5. expand
6. colorize
7. done

1. draw in black and white with solid clean lines so you don't have much to clean up later
2. scan
3. open in illustrator (cs3 or cs4, 2 or before lacked this feature)
4. live trace (the program traces for you there is no drawing required)
5. expand
6. colorize
7. done

Nice :cool:

But the result of the trace depends on how complicated the logo is. Be sure to make it simple, so avoid this kind of sh*t

metal_logo.jpg

Nice :cool:

But the result of the trace depends on how complicated the logo is. Be sure to make it simple, so avoid this kind of sh*t

Totally, you can always use levels in Photoshop to clean it up a little bit more and get rid of the texture of the paper so it's as pure black/white as possible