Desperate Shirtless Dude

AtmoBirdy

New Metal Member
Mar 16, 2009
Hello Fellow Katatoniacs,

I have been, scratch that, I have had a tremendous love affair with(primarily)the band's music for years now but have yet to own a Katatonia shirt. The deep inner void and shame this oversight has caused me notwithstanding, I have recently been reveling in the fact that I am going to take steps to fix this huge shame of a situation and acquire

Hello Fellow Katatoniacs,

I have been, scratch that, I have had a tremendous love affair with(primarily)the band's music for years now but have yet to own a Katatonia shirt. The deep inner void and shame this oversight has caused me notwithstanding, I have recently been reveling in the fact that I am going to take steps to fix this huge shame of a situation and acquire my very own Katatonia shirt or two, and proudly display my outer family status in one of the deadest and emotionally coldest brick-glass-n-steel cities alive (at least it pretends to be).

Does anyone know where on the web I can find a decent variety of older and newer Katatonia shirts? I am obviously a newbie to posting on the forums, but I have perused the site and forums for several years, every now and then, and find it pretty amazing that one cannot find a greater variety of the band’s shirts through it’s official website nor it’s links. I mean, c’mon, offering a single girlie shirt for sale to the general Katatonic population!? The greatness of the band is unquestioned, but that’s just silly and frustrating and utterly useless. Whoever thought of that needs to have a raving mad army of desperate, shirtless Katatoniacs rush at them to let em know of the pain of an unfulfilled void.

I am primarily interested in the older Teargas shirt (which came in two colors, if I’m not mistaken; green and black), with the Katatoniac chikk on the front. But I would consider almost any shirt of the band. Also, I am open to the option of acquiring a used shirt, even though it’s beyond me why any true fan would want to part with their shirt (unless it’s for a good cause like passing it on to family members even if well worn w/holes, who would lovingly take it off your hands and even compensate you for it). Any info would be much appreciated as well as leave me in a somewhat helpless state because of being unable to figure out how to repay your generosity, kindness and Katatonianism!

Bless you in advance!
Alex

P.S., I am also a tremendous fan of Poisonblack, Sentenced (just read a few minutes ago about Miika, shocking, RIP.), Opeth and other bands that tend to send a good shiver of something powerful up your spine and all around, and do't have any of their shirts either.

Maybe I can get some professional help here.

the official store on the website used to have heaps of designs but they are all sold out as far as i know. i think your best bet with the shirts your after is ebay.

P.S., I am also a tremendous fan of Poisonblack, Sentenced (just read a few minutes ago about Miika, shocking, RIP.), Opeth and other bands that tend to send a good shiver of something powerful up your spine and all around, and do't have any of their shirts either.
The only place to get Sentenced merch is now from Northern Tribe, run by Sami Lopakka himself:

http://www.northern-tribe.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=90_105

They also sell Poisonblack, KYPCK, and Black League merch. Haven't placed an order yet (will be doing so very soon! My Brief Is the Light and Crimson shirts are probably in need of retiring. Should probably replace them with one or both of the new designs), but understand they ship worlwide free of charge.

You can also get older PB merch from Record Shop X:

http://www.recordshopx.com/artist/poisonblack/

They used to sell Amok t-shirts as well, but have since mysteriously disappeared - just a couple weeks before a seller on eBay started listing them. :bah:

Its the same for me.. 4 years of loyal listening to the music and yet I have no shirt! Im kind of getting depressed since they are hard to find, hopefully they will update it on the official web and I shall order from there..
Or else, I desperatly need to find one to buy .__.

Thanks to everyone who posted a reply to my question. I am very thankful to all of you!

Catoya, I don't think you are in such a bad position because you at least have the option to purchase a Girly shirt from this website. If, however, you are looking for a greater variety of the band's shirts at a reasonable price (the idea of which varies greatly between each fan and their level of desperation and the desired shirt), you are unfortunately in the same dump as all of us shirtless others. But it does make me feel appreciative and somehow more content and patient to know that there are other Katafans who have yet to have a coveted shirt that they rightly deserve despite a helluvalot of effort and research, with no choice but to just wait patiently... But, don't despair, dear patient one, your shirt will be yours, hopefully sometime soon, as will mine; as will others' who exercise the great virtue of patience (especially when it comes to fan shirt matters:)).

Thanks to everyone who posted a reply to my question. I am very thankful to all of you!

Catoya, I don't think you are in such a bad position because you at least have the option to purchase a Girly shirt from this website. If, however, you are looking for a greater variety of the band's shirts at a reasonable price (the idea of which varies greatly between each fan and their level of desperation and the desired shirt), you are unfortunately in the same dump as all of us shirtless others. But it does make me feel appreciative and somehow more content and patient to know that there are other Katafans who have yet to have a coveted shirt that they rightly deserve despite a helluvalot of effort and research, with no choice but to just wait patiently... Talk about the Discouraged Ones! But, don't despair, dear patient one, your shirt will be yours, hopefully sometime soon, as will mine; as will others' who exercise the great virtue of patience (especially when it comes to fan shirt matters:)).

But it does make one wonder why the guys themselves aren’t more involved on these forums, suggesting to fans where fans can purchase their shirts; for they must know. I mean, it’s in their best financial interest as well, or so you’d think, right? And I don’t see a reason for Peaceville to object to more shirts being made.

Khayman, thanks for your suggestion for us shirtless Katafans to try Ebay. I have found a couple of Discouraged shirts auctions with decent prices, but advantageous mainly to us fans in the U.S.

Also, Khayman, how do we know we’re getting the real thing from these Ebay sellers?

Alex

Sorry for the double reply above, but for some reason the forum posted only half of my reply in the first post when I selected all of the text to be copied from the word processor.

Then maybe try to email Jonas and ask if they can't put up some older shirts on the web? I sent a mail after the concert on Minus 30 and got a reply, so maybe if you show him some cute puppy eyes he can think about it ^^

AtmoBirdy: yeah I do have some good luck there, but there also was a hoodie there for both sexes, but still.. Its only Viva Emptiness, not so old..

I don't know his e-mail nor the other guys' email adresses. And even if I did, maybe it's better if we don't contact them via e-mail, at least not with shirt questions. They're probably sooo used to such questions, especially from the past. If they should find that they have the time, energy or willingness to address our shirt concerns and make some suggestions, they can post back in this thread, elsewhere in the forums, or maybe start a separate dedicated shirt thread.

Butyeah, thanks for the replies :)

Yeah, maybe your right.. But it could be a tiny option ^^ me and my firend are planning to buy the hoodie and a t-shirt with Viva Emptiness from the site I linked alredy next month.. I would like to have the other t-shirts from the other albums but for the moment I just need to have Katatonia on my chest ;3