Despised Icon - In The Arms Of Perdition Bass Tone

mr_furious

Labizzy Bomba
Apr 9, 2007
TN
Hey guys,

sir-lurks-a-lot here... :wave:

Any suggestions in POD Farm for getting a bass tone close to this?

About 5:02-ish to hear it solo...

Thanks to all! :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol...all I hear at 5:02 is a slide.
:lol:

To the OP: you could ask Yannick St-Amand for the gear and the signal chain they had. He produces DI albums and have played guitar with them.
He runs Northern Studio. Use google.

EDIT:...And looking at your gear list in your sig, you definatly need a new cab :lol:

I was just pointing out that you could hear the bass tone by itself at that time, I'm interested in his bass tone in general. :bah: The tone throughout that entire album is great. His tone live sounds pretty close to that too.

To the OP: you could ask Yannick St-Amand for the gear and the signal chain they had. He produces DI albums and have played guitar with them.

EDIT:...And looking at your gear list in your sig, you definatly need a new cab :lol:

:lol: Yes I do. Had an Avatar V30 412 before I got the Vetta and matching cab. Should have held on to the avatar cab too.:erk:

Will look him up, thanks for that. Really, just a pointer on an aggressive growling tone in general is what I'm looking for...

Max uses the sansamp pedal and active pickups..uses pretty thick strings too. Them shits are like mini metal drumsticks. Bass sounds pretty similar live to that. Seb played on this but I'm assuming it was something similar. Max is a finger player Seb used a pick so.. I don't kknow haha just giving you the lowdown.

Some line 6 cabs are better than you'd think.

Slice the Cake was recorded 5150 through line 6 cab and it sounds amazing.

I have really good results with guitar rig too. Pretty flexible and the bass junk sounds great.

Has anyone used the bass tones from amp farm?

Hi...Yannick here...The bass tone from IOMM come from sebastien finger!!! Seriously this guy play fucking hard on is bass...Here the recording info

bass was a music man sting-ray 5 into a vintech preamp(instrument input)+ssl converter. Andy reamp the bass with is peavy head(firebass I think)and he add a extra track with the plug-in from bombfactory(sans-amp psa1). Nothing really special...good player, new string every song!!!!! Thkx for the interest!!!

yannick