Devildriver 'Dead to Rights' single

No reamping that i know of...

The Kit was the DW kit we used on last kind words and the mics were 84 and I5 on the top and 57 or Re20 on the btm. I cant quite recall... this session was long so some details got a bit blurry haha. Toms were typical 421 top and bottom. Overheads km84, rooms telefunken 251's and one cole ribbon for a mono room. There was also a far set of rooms that were modified 67s i believe.

Guys, glad you dig the tunes. This album is a beast... heh.

Guitars we tracked with a les paul raw power with emg's through a diezel herbert (with one of my custom chellee overdrives) and 5150 (with zakk wylde overdrive) through a mesa traditional cab.

Leads on this song are a my CAE modded 800 through bogner cab. Most solos were played on an ESP phoenix with a bareknuckle pickup in the bridge that i cant recall. We used my chellee overdrive for leads as well.

Tons of different amps and tones on this record for leads, cleans and overdubs. Lots of fun with that stuff.

Bass was a fender jazz deluxe. Andy and i never spoke about whether he reamped the tone for the bass. Sounds to me like he did. Maybe he can chime in.

Thanks, Mark, this is great. That guitar tone is really something else!

really digging the guitar sound, not such a fan of the song itself, but I never was a big Devildriver fan,
but I still respect them and you can always hear who they are.

57 and beyer 201. 57 is the main sound though... 201 usually sits about 15-18db below...

Mesa Trad cab on the rhythms. Tons of amps on overdubs and leads throughout the album.

more low end... more pronounced tone control. Alot more distortion if you want it and More output to work with.... Very good if you want more woof out of the 5150s

Its pretty much just a boss sd-1, which i have also used for years and is 70 bucks cheaper because zakks name isnt on it.

Fun fact; if you get a MXR GT-OD or ZW pedal, pop it open and take the pcb out... there's a miniswitch on the ones from the last year or two, and it switches between the two pedals. They're only a few components off of eachother, anyway!

I didnt like Pray For Villains, if the whole album sounds like this single than Im pumped.

On a side note, I dont think they will be able to top The Last Kind Words.

I think the mix is amazing.
But I think I've lost "the feel" of devildriver. It's nice to hear a band "evolving" which isn't the case with dd. I think they should've stopped at their strongest tone, after Last Kind Words.
Still enjoyed their older album, Pray for Villains was the first album I got bored of them, but everything before that, great stuff!
I will try to listen this whole album tho.