DEVILSIZE LIVE

I know I shouldn't give an opinion before I see how it all goes down but I don't really like vocalists who sound exactly like other ones. They sort of irk me. Sounding sort of like someone is one thing but when you sound like a near carbon copy, then it gets to be too much.
For instance, the dude who sings for Astral Doors. He sounds so much like Dio it's scary. And it annoys me, because If I want to listen to Dio, I'LL LISTEN TO DIO.

But like I said, I should wait until an album/single drops before I spout my mouth, I guess. I'm sorta impulsive. :D Oh well.

And they took it down again? This is getting funkier by the day. :/

The only explication that crosses my mind is the less people can hear any Devilsize song, the more will be curious about the new Anthrax record... Dan Nelson surely said YES to Scott or Charlie - he has nothing to lose - at least he can say 'Anthrax wanted me to sing for them!'

Yeah I don't see any Devilsize, but I will say whoever is singing on invertabrate..in the first verse he sounds a little like Bush.

So my fears have been put to rest about Dan sounding like John. He sounds KIND of like him, but he sounds more like a baritone James Hetfield to me... or that dude from Black Stone Cherry. Hearing him singing thrash would be pretty damn awesome, so it better be thrashy! >=/

As I wrote on the JBFF, Nelson's voice is a mix Miles Kennedy (Alerbridge), Phil Anselmo, John Bush and James Hatfield.

I don't mean to be an ass, but why do you hate John's vocals that much?

Just wondering.
I don't hate John at all! I might've not liked the material they wrote WITH John as much as the other stuff, but I enjoy John's voice, especially in Armored Saint.

I just hate singers that sound exactly like other ones, which is why I'm glad he doesn't sound as much like John as people said he did.

A tiny bit of Johns style in there to me. Sounds like Phil Anselmo and Chris Cornells love child. Not that sitty audio slave stuff but the Soundgarden days. I like the guys voice quite a bit. I just know that people are gonna start the "they are still trying to be pantera" B.S. once he is heard more.

^
If the music behind it doesn't sound Pantera-like, then I think everything will be fine. And I agree with you on the sound of Dan's voice.

I think he sounds more like Phil than Bush as well. Phil in Down, not Pantera, to be exact.

I know dan and when i found this out i went HOLY SHIT.

Dan used to sing for a band called Dicipline back in the early 90s and he was as badass then as he is now. He does sound alot like phil but believe me hes got more balls then Phil ever had. Hes a more melodic singer aswell.

Dicipline and my former band Misery used to gig all the time together back in NY. Dan is one hell of a vocalist and its great to see him finally getting his due. Trust me guys hes a great fit for Anthrax Scott, and the boys made a great decision here.

Besides its better than Corey Taylor right ... lol

^
Nearly ANYONE is better than Corey Taylor in this situation :p

(hyperbole)