Devin Townsend in PPEurope 2004

all4dametal

Aug 25, 2003
What's everyone think of this ? I know he's not playing PPUSA 2004 but there were alot of mixed feelings when he played PPUSA 2003. He's headlining the second night in Europe too ! He has a way better following in Europe from what I hear.

Opinions....

Devin Townsend is amazing... I can't get enough of his stuff. That's cool that he is headlining at PP in Europe. I'd love to see it and I wish I could have seen him at PPUSA 3. I think you have to be pretty familier with his albums to get the most out of his show... I would be lost trying to listen to his stuff for the first time live.

I love Devin Townsend. It was truly a joy for me to see the DTB play at Progpower, it was a refreshing break to hear something different! I loved it when they played Bad Devil at the end of their set.

BABS said:
I love Devin Townsend. It was truly a joy for me to see the DTB play at Progpower, it was a refreshing break to hear something different! I loved it when they played Bad Devil at the end of their set.
No kiddin'! I was incredibly happy to hear two tracks from the Ocean Machine CD, but "Bad Devil" was a great capper to the set. I totally wasn't expecting it. Even as Devy's co-sponsor I carefully didn't ask about his setlist backstage before the show 'cause I wanted to be surprised. THAT plan worked well! :headbang:

I'm sure Devin will do well at PPEurope. The European prog community tends to be a bit more inclusive than their American counterparts, and besides, Devy is building up some "street-cred" in the prog community (Ayreon, etc.)