Devin Townsend Project tour

Tommy3328

Dec 24, 2006
Boston
Dates for the “Epic Kings & Idols Tour” are below, so check to see when the DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT, KATATONIA, PARADISE LOST, and STOLEN BABIES will be coming to a city near you! The VIP pre-sale begins Wednesday, June 6th; tickets will be available to the general public starting Thursday, June 7th.

“Epic Kings & Idols Tour” dates
Sept. 4--Seattle, WA--Studio 7
Sept. 5--Vancouver, BC--Commdore
Sept. 7--San Francisco, CA--Great American Music Hall
Sept. 8--Los Angeles, CA--El Rey Theater
Sept. 9--Phoenix, AZ--Marquee Theater
Sept. 11--Houston, TX--Warehouse Live Studio
Sept. 12--Dallas, TX--Trees
Sept. 13--Lawrence, KS--Granada
Sept. 14--Denver, CO--Summit
Sept. 16--Minneapolis, MN—Station 4
Sept. 17--Chicago, IL--Bottom Lounge
Sept. 18--Pittsburgh, PA--Mr. Smalls
Sept. 19--Toronto, ON--Opera House
Sept. 20--Montreal, QC--Cafe Campus
Sept. 21--Worcester, MA--Palladium
Sept. 22--Philadelphia, PA--TLA
Sept. 23--New York, NY--Irving Plaza
Sept. 24--Baltimore, MD--Rams Head Live

I'll be at the Worcester show!

This to me is the strangest tour of the year. I like the top 3 bands, but it's strange. I'd love to go, but it literally is the Monday after Progpower for me, so I'll have to see on this one.

This to me is the strangest tour of the year. I like the top 3 bands, but it's strange. I'd love to go, but it literally is the Monday after Progpower for me, so I'll have to see on this one.

Katatonia, DTP, Opeth, and PL have the same management. But I agree, on paper it does look strange.

Dates for the “Epic Kings & Idols Tour” are below, so check to see when the DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT, KATATONIA, PARADISE LOST, and STOLEN BABIES will be coming to a city near you! The VIP pre-sale begins Wednesday, June 6th; tickets will be available to the general public starting Thursday, June 7th.

“Epic Kings & Idols Tour” dates
Sept. 4--Seattle, WA--Studio 7
Sept. 5--Vancouver, BC--Commdore
Sept. 7--San Francisco, CA--Great American Music Hall
Sept. 8--Los Angeles, CA--El Rey Theater
Sept. 9--Phoenix, AZ--Marquee Theater
Sept. 11--Houston, TX--Warehouse Live Studio
Sept. 12--Dallas, TX--Trees
Sept. 13--Lawrence, KS--Granada
Sept. 14--Denver, CO--Summit
Sept. 16--Minneapolis, MN—Station 4
Sept. 17--Chicago, IL--Bottom Lounge
Sept. 18--Pittsburgh, PA--Mr. Smalls
Sept. 19--Toronto, ON--Opera House
Sept. 20--Montreal, QC--Cafe Campus
Sept. 21--Worcester, MA--Palladium
Sept. 22--Philadelphia, PA--TLA
Sept. 23--New York, NY--Irving Plaza
Sept. 24--Baltimore, MD--Rams Head Live

I'll be at the Worcester show!

The "city near you" for me is over 8 hours away. All of those dates are too close to ProgPower for me to go.

I fail to see how this is a weird package. I think it's an awesome tour and a LOT of people like all the bands. Katatonia & Paradise Lost are a good match. And Devin Townsend, while different, appeals to a lot of the fans of the other 2 bands.

I was super stoked this tour was coming to Kansas, but it's on the Thursday night for ProgPower.

I don't miss ProgPower.

It seems Progpower time every year there's at least a couple of shows the week before, during or after that I unfortunately have to miss. As you say, I won't miss Progpower for anything.

Damnit! Paradise Lost is on my bucket list for shows and this thing is skipping over the southeast. Bummer.

I fail to see how this is a weird package. I think it's an awesome tour and a LOT of people like all the bands. Katatonia & Paradise Lost are a good match. And Devin Townsend, while different, appeals to a lot of the fans of the other 2 bands.
This again.

Spazzing out over another chance to see Paradise Lost! Add some Devin in there and :worship:

Katatonia and Paradise Lost are as far as I'm concerned among the most un-fuck-withable bands in metal. I haven't really heard a bad album from each of them, and I always expect something quality from them. In fact, they are among the few bands I blindly buy from.

But that's just on recording. Live, they are among the worst live acts in all of music, let alone metal. So at least that's why I'm a bit weirded out.

Katatonia and Paradise Lost are as far as I'm concerned among the most un-fuck-withable bands in metal. I haven't really heard a bad album from each of them, and I always expect something quality from them. In fact, they are among the few bands I blindly buy from.

But that's just on recording. Live, they are among the worst live acts in all of music, let alone metal. So at least that's why I'm a bit weirded out.

I agree with that, I've seen some sub par performances form both of them. But it doesn't make the package weird.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Katatonia show I saw last year. It was much, much better than the previous times I had seen them.