DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT!!!

I am going to pick up the Retinal Circus, looks to fun not to have in the collection. :devil: My favorite is still Ocean Machine- Bio-Mech, love that album!!

Bear

The albums that have gotten the most spins from me, depending on my music mood at the time, are:

Ghost (relaxing)
Ki (relaxing with more oomph)
the first Ziltoid (amazing concept album)
Epicloud (fun and upbeat)
Addiction (heavy)

I personally have a hard time listening to his older stuff as it becomes monotonous for me, but I do like select tunes and appreciate it.

Example, here's a song I love from Synchestra:

Last edited:
Upon the PPUSA announcement, I picked up Retinal Circus, and I'm listening to to the CD for the first time. To be honest, I'm not sure what to make of it. It sounds pretty cool, but I can't really say why. Is that a common reaction for him?

I think that is rather accurate when first stepping into Devin's world. The Blu-Ray of that show helps pull it all together for a newbie as well.

I rank the album in this order, most favorite to "least" favorite (excluding live albums - and SYL and Vai, of course):

• Terria, Ocean Machine, & Ghost
  • Accelerated Evolution & Infinity
  • Epicloud, Skyblue, & Addicted
  • Synchestra
  • Ki
  • Deconstruction
  • Casualties of Cool
  • Z2 & Ziltoid
  • Physicist
  • Devlab & The Hummer

I've been saying for years I want Glenn to get Vai and Devy to headline a set doing the entire Sex and Religion album. If anyone could make it happen, it's him... ;)

I still remember seeing Dev for the very first time at ProgPower. That was one crazy show!!! I had no idea who he was... but was completely hooked. That says a lot in my book, as I find it difficult to get into an artist in a live situation if I don't know at least something from him/her/them. I have seen him at least 4 times since then... but never in a setting like ProgPower. That should be awesome... If he does an acoustic set that would be amazing.

I've been saying for years I want Glenn to get Vai and Devy to headline a set doing the entire Sex and Religion album. If anyone could make it happen, it's him... ;)

I think that would be expensive, but maybe not. I'd DEFINTAELY like to see it! I did see the S&R tour, at the Park West in Chicago, if I'm not mistaken....

p.s I have my copy of the new OC cd......:Smokedev: :devil:

I think that would be expensive, but maybe not. I'd DEFINTAELY like to see it! I did see the S&R tour, at the Park West in Chicago, if I'm not mistaken....

p.s I have my copy of the new OC cd......:Smokedev: :devil:
I agree. Via is probably costly, on top of Dev who is as popular as ever right now.

That's awesome that you saw the original tour! I didn't, but that's one of my favorite albums. \m/

Excellent! Enjoy! And listen for a certain Charvel... ;)

Really nice facebook post from Devin's drummer:

ea2ac894-7727-45dd-9364-d95568503f13.png~original

I love Devin. I got the Live By A Thread DVD boxset, The Retinal Circus Blu-Ray and Ziltoid Live at The Royal Albert Hall Blu-Ray. I really like his stuff, from the slowest Devin Townsend Project stuff to the Strapping Young Lad nastiness

I am going to pick up the Retinal Circus, looks to fun not to have in the collection. :devil: My favorite is still Ocean Machine- Bio-Mech, love that album!!

Bear

To this day, Biomech is still my #1 favorite album of all time. Really hoping he plays something from it at PPUSA. (More than one song would be terrific, but he's got a long career to pick from, now.)

Whoever posted that note from Ryan, thanks! I didn't know that the DTP gig at PPUSA 3.0 was their first professional gig together. Makes that show all the more sweeter!

To this day, Biomech is still my #1 favorite album of all time. Really hoping he plays something from it at PPUSA. (More than one song would be terrific, but he's got a long career to pick from, now.)

Whoever posted that note from Ryan, thanks! I didn't know that the DTP gig at PPUSA 3.0 was their first professional gig together. Makes that show all the more sweeter!

Have you seen the setlist from his latest DVD? They play "Funeral" through "The Death of Music." I'd lose my shit if they did something like that for us.