Dev's greatest vocal performance?

Originally posted by kleo706
Look Kush... he did NOT write the first two SYL albums with a band. Jed, By, and Gene were initially brought in just like the Ocean Machine guys and Craig on Terria. Over time, they evolved into a band. "Far Beyond Metal" was the first song (other than the covers) where anyone else really had input. It's just not Devin Townsend: SYL because Century Media decided not to print that on covers outside of Japan

Fair enough.

This is like being asked to pick a favourite album or song, or even a top 10 of songs. If I pick one, it will change in a week.

Right now, I'm listening to OM from Ass-Sordid. How that song is not on one of the full albums, I just don't understand.

Actually... I do understand. It's Devin.

I liked his screaming style in the Strapping Young and earlier era. His singing in Steve Vai was flawless. :D

Vai's Sex & Religion is Dev's best vocal performance ever IMO. I think it's a shame he's not really using his incredible voice that way anymore...

Originally posted by terria
the last death-metal-song of this oh-so-fucking-evil band from SOUTH CENTRAL POLAND: ROOOT IIINN HEEEELLLL. great vocals. hihi.
but, to be honest: death of music. yep. good one.

by the way , theres nothing evil in Devy music , if you didnt already noticed , Devin is christian , listen to infinity and spirituality.

if you didnt already noticed , Devin is christian

...So quick to put words in other people's mouths my friend...

"And Until Such Time That You Can Prove Me Otherwise
I Will Continue With My Agnostic Travels
Until I've Found A Place That Dreams With Me...
...A Place That Feeds On My Rountine"

"Hey, You -Failed Like God- in Me"

If you were referring to processional in that, then you fail to see blunt sarcasm...

no , i just read devy interviews (thats what you should do before
wasting your time posting useless things)

I'd just like to point out the fact that Devin seems to change his mind on virtually everything every five minutes. He's admitted it himself. So, to me, looking for a solidified version of his religious identity in either his lyrics or his interviews would be a bit of a fruitless exercise.

Even if Devin is a Christian, he's far from your everyday-garden-variety bible basher. Mora doesn't get too many mentions in most churches that I'm aware of.

And besides, he's a musician.

;)