Dexter: Season 1 vs the rest?

although I have to admit the season finale of Lost was the biggest let down in the history of my T.V. show addictions.

I think my best friend & I were the only 2 people who actually liked the series finale of Lost. It could have been better, I admit, but I did like it! Each to his own...

My brother was on me for months to check out Dexter.. So Christmas night my stepdad, my mom and me sat down to watch the first episode.. We watched 6 of 'em that night..

I'm currently on episode 8 of Season 5 where my mom's finished all the seasons... That in and of itself is AMAZING because trying to get my mom to sit and watch a movie is hard enough, but to go thru 5 seasons of a tv show in a little over a month - SERIOUSLY?@?!

Out of the complete seasons I've seen, each one has it's nitch.. I think Season 2 has the most 'holy crap start the next episode already!!!' in it and probably my favorite.. However, season 4 where I heard so many great things about didn't have me bought in til the last 3 or 4 episodes and then it was High on the Like list...

Love Dexter, love Deb, LOVE Masuka - he's a freakin' riot; the cast is amazing.. Stick with it!!!!! Believe me, it's so worth it...

And add me to the liking the series finale of Lost.. It wasn't mega earth shattering, but it was a good way to end I thought :)

The ending of Heroes was pretty lame as well. I just hope once it gets down to the series finale of Dexter they don't fail like every other show I've enjoyed and wasted years on just to see a really lame ending.

Greetings Oh Oracles of Television Wisdom,

I just finished going through the first season of Dexter. While I liked the show fairly well, I didn't get that irresistable urge to keep watching episode after episode and stay up way too late doing so, like I did while watching The Shield, The Wire, Lost, etc. I also didn't get into many of the surrounding characters and side plots. The voice-over narration started driving me nuts.

So: how do things change after Season 1? Is it

"Well, if you were lukewarm on Season 1, the rest won't be much better",

or is it

"There is a marked improvement in the show over the next couple of seasons, so stick with it!"

Any advice is appreciated. In the meantime, I'll be checking out Modern Family and Breaking Bad.

Ken

I would say go on. I think Dexter got better and better with each season until season 4, which was probably the best. Season 5 was excellent too.

Other great shows:

The Walking Dead

Breaking Bad (another show that gets better and better, season 2 is better than season 1, and season 3 is the best one IMO)

Sons Of Anarchy (also getting better with every season)

True Blood

And add me to the liking the series finale of Lost.. It wasn't mega earth shattering, but it was a good way to end I thought :)

I felt pretty much the same way about the series finale for BSG. :)

The ending to BSG was the most horrid pile of crap I've ever seen from such a promising show. But then, it was obvious that Moore and Eick were running out of ideas toward the end. The cheap deus ex machina finale served to ruin the entire series in my eyes. I don't even recommend it to my friends anymore.

I like Lost's finale too. I miss that show, one of the best ones in the latest years on TV IMO...

Absolutely one of the best in the latest years! I know more than just me & my friend liked the finale, it just seems like almost everyone I talk to about it didn't like it.

This past PP, on Wednesday when I checked in, I was wearing a Lost shirt. Out in the courtyard @ the Artmore, some dude came up to me and said "so I see you wasted 6 years of your life, too..." All I could think was "what a dick..."

1.jpg

I think this is why Deb is so fucked up in Dexter.