DFH EZX drums only test

Jan 10, 2005
Just got the DFH EZX and it's pretty cool. I noticed the snares are a bit thin, which is normal for the DFH1 samples, but you can still use them without sound replacement. I will be messing with Drumagog on it in a couple of days. Imported a MIDI of a song I am doing with a friend. Used verb on snare and OH's, and a compressor on the OH's to make the ride pop out. Also pitch shifted the kick drum one note down to get a flappier sound out of it, which is just personal taste/preference for this music.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=465684&songID=4665192

Will have guitars on it in a bit, then I can really see how it adds up...till then!

~e.a

Haha, i'll give it 10/10 on the title alone!

Man, some cool drumming there but i've never been a fan of the EZD snares

sounds cool.. but like you said, the thinness of the snares really burns. Once I got that in the mix it was lost. All I could hear was the initial transient and that's pretty much it.

That sounds like the snare I used to blend w/a sample though. All of 'em just need a little more Umph.

Good work none the less!

Roger that man, I want to hear some guitars on it to see what I'll have to do. I know I'll have to run Drumagog on it...but part of me wants to beleive I won't have to, lol. I dunno if I said it already (too lazy to scroll up) but I did pitch shift the kick drum down one notch (on a piano roll type thing in Cubase) and that seemed to help a lot to get a sound more to my personal taste.

~e.a

Wow man, I downloaded it and I cant get it to come anywhere close to that good. I dont have any how to use this kind of software, I just know how to import the MIDI drums and set the output as EZDrummer. How did you adjust the verb and the pitch?

I don't see how you couldn't get it like that, the snare drum is already compressed to hell and eq'ed...same the kick and everything else in the kit...hell...the entire kit is eq'ed and set up for you right off the bat. I only added reverb to the OH's and snare to get them less dry sounding, and then compressed the OH's a bit to make the ride pop out. On the kick drum, using Cubase SX, you just select the wave file and right-click on it, then go to process -> pitch. From there it should have a red and a blue marker on the piano, the one that is set to B1 is the default (normal pitch), click on the note immediately to the left of it, then click on process. Done. You now have a pitch shifted kick drum that sounds a little better.

~e.a

It's not my music, it's a friend of mine's. We're trying to work our schedules to find time so he can throw his guitars down. He plays like death/black/grind music. It's some pretty brutal shit, I can assure you on that. He's kinda nuts when it comes to playing. Anyway, like I said we're trying to find some time to throw guitars down, I'll make a new thread once we do, that's fo sho.

~e.a