PODxt + DFH EZX (heavy blues)

Jan 10, 2005
Alright, it's not metal, but it's my current project. Modern blues-rock style. Newest song I just started writing and I'm loving how it came out so far.

'Song 7' by Another Overnight Flunk - SoundClick song info

Details:

PODxt for rhythm and leads using MS-Criminal (5150II model), 4x12 Treadplate cab and U67 condensor model, 0% room. Bass is guitar into PODxt using Tube Preamp, no cab, and Bass Overdrive STOMP, into Cubase and pitch shifted one octave down. Only using EQ on all guitars/bass, and then comp on leads, comp on bass + RBass@100Hz. DFH EZX was untouched except for level adjustments on the room track. Rhythm guitars have hi-pass @ 75Hz, leads have low-pass @ 12kHz

~e.a

I got an instant visualisation of a redneck bar with a chicken-wire fence protecting the band. :lol: Don't take it the wrong way, I am not calling you a redneck or dissing your recording, it's just the style of the music took me there. Maybe I have been watching too many movies:zombie:

That is a pretty clean, well-defined and loud mix. :kickass: I would expect some ears bleeding with that playing at high volume.

Once again, just the song's style took me there. Definitely no offence intended.:)

Haha, watching Roadhouse non-stop huh? No offense taken. Thanks for the comments. :)

~e.a