Diabolical Masquerade?

Listen to the samples from DM's website and deceide for yourself, I'd say. :)
But yeah, I'd choose Death's Design or Nightwork.

All of them. Um...I have a site I started but never finished, but I think I still have some low quality songs (all except for "Nightwork" because like I said, unfinished). Make sure Window's Media Player is the default for asf files and it works best using IE because FireFox doesn't let you scroll through all the songs and does all sorts of wierd stuff. Also, pay no mind to the outdated URLs.

DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE

If you want the albums you can get them from ebay as they are no longer being issued.

LunarSea said:
If you want the albums you can get them from ebay as they are no longer being issued.

Actually, "Death's Design" can pretty much be ordered from any CD shop. Amazon keeps it in stock. They also have "Ravendusk In My Heart" in stock on amazon.co.uk.

Also just noticed that "Nightwork" is selling used on amazon.co.uk for like £80. Wow. You can listen to the samples for it on Amazon, though.

ravendusk in my heart - a slightly naive and rather undeveloped melodic black metal album both musically and production wise, still the most classic album of them all because the times of the making of this style is really a defined moment in time when there was a wave of melodic black/death bands ruling the scene. the lyrical concept really shines with the afterglow of megalomanic childhood fantasies.

the phantom lodge - ultimately the most overlooked and underrated album of the four. its a step up from the first for sure in terms of musical variety/innovation and production. it's basically a black metal album blending viking/pagan, sci-fi, fantasy and horror themes into one ambitious, but somewhat messy (and still megalomanic) universe of the mind.

nightwork - my personal favorite and a musical turning point in the concept of the project. i finally found what i was looking for 100%; to incorporate horror in metal and play on every string of the concept. its also the most organic album of the four. sharp!

death's design - musically the most complex, adventurouz, daring, versatile, groundbreaking and fucked up album compared whats normally cooking in the black metal scene... meant to be listened to all the way through, otherwise it kinda washes away unjustified of it's qualities. The openminded direction on this album scared many metallers away.

the abandoned/unfinished album - will we ever know...? time shall tell...

cool, thanks for the run-down on the albums Blakkheim! as well as you other forum members..... I think I'm gonna go with Death's Design and nightwork.....Blakkheim's description of those 2 seemed the most convincing! but I'll be sure to get all of them eventually!

I think the glossy one without the logo is the second pressing. That's the one I got. If I remember correctly, I ordered/received it around April of 2004. It was around the time I bought the "Nightwork" shirt and a couple of CDs from Blakkheim (in fact I just looked at old saved e-mails and see that I got those items around the 13th of March and Anders said he didn't have any "Nightwork", and I know I finally found an online shop selling it, so must have received it in early April). Listening to "Nightwork" really brings back memories/feelings of spring 2004 when I got it...good ones. Great album.