Diamond Head To Release 'It's Electric' Live Album In June - May 23, 2006

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
Prior to the release of their upcoming live DVD, DIAMOND HEAD will issue a new live album, entitled "It's Electric", through Secret Records on June 26. The album was recorded at London's Astoria theatre on November 4, 2005, and features a mixture of classic tracks and new material. It is the second DIAMOND HEAD album to feature singer Nick Tart, who made his debut on 2005's critically acclaimed album "All Will Be Revealed". The full track listing for "It's Electric" is as follows:

01. Am I Evil (intro)
02. It's Electric
03. Give It To Me
04. The Prince
05. Mine All Mine
06. Lightning To The Nations
07. Fallen Angel
08. To The Devil His Due
09. Alimony
10. I Can't Help Myself
11. Sucking My Love
12. Streets Of Gold
13. Helpless
14. Am I Evil
15. In The Heat Of The Night

In the album's liner notes, Kerrang! writer Dom Lawson describes DIAMOND HEAD as "one of the greatest British heavy metal bands of all time… criminally underrated, with a staggering catalogue of magnificent, shit-kicking anthems." He concludes: "There has never been a better time to reassess this remarkable band."

"It's Electric" is both a celebration of DIAMOND HEAD's heritage and a reaffirmation that the band is very much back in business. As guitarist and founder member Brian Tatler explains, "We've never sounded better live, and a lot of that comes down to having a new singer. Nick has re-energized the band. He's brought a lot of fresh ideas and fresh enthusiasm. And the response we've had to the new material has been fantastic."

DIAMOND HEAD are currently writing material for their next album and are planning to be back in the studio before the end of the year.

DIAMOND HEAD's European tour with MEGADETH in early 2005 marked their first outing with Tart and rhythm guitarist Adrian Mills. The band's current lineup is completed by Eddie Moohan (bass) and Karl Wilcox (drums).

This is fantastic news! I will eagerly await the DVD and the live album. Diamond Head are among my favorite bands since I bought their "white Album" directly from them via an add in the magazine "Sounds" in 1980.

I really like their new singer Nick Tart and the addition of a rhythm guitarist can't be bad either. So this is going to be good. :headbang:

Hey princes what do you think? Is this going to be great or what??

Sorry without Sean Harris I'm skeptical, besides I'm very hardcore 'regarding DH, I stopped at the debut :lol:

Oh, and I'm not a big DVD fan yet.

I'm also not sure...listened to some samples and it sounds very good with the new vocalist, but it doesn't sound "Diamond Head" at all...I do want to hear how they bring the old songs before I decide though !!

Yes Hawk this is fantastic news. I knew they were going to be releasing a DVD of the concert at the Astoria last year but I didn't know about the CD, so I will of course be buying both the very first day they go on sale. You can never have enough Diamond Head that's what I say!!!

Criminally underrated - yes that's exactly how I would describe Diamond Head. They are without doubt one of the best British bands of all time and definitely THE BEST NWOBHM band ever!!!! I like their new singer, of course he isn't Sean Harris and I wish it still was Sean Harris but Nick Tart is a good replacement and the new album All Will Be Revealed is really great. Can't remember if I told you or not but I've got a promo DVD just the 2 tracks but its Nick Tart singing Mine All Mine and then Am I Evil and he is absolutely amazing singing Am I Evil.

I don't even think Diamond Head realise just how popular they still are - every time I go out its always the Diamond Head patches or the Angel Witch ones that most folk comment on. When I was at MSG on Saturday, someone came up to me and said "That is a jacket to die for - especially those Diamond Head patches". Wow that made my night:D

A few months ago I won a portable DVD player but I already had one so swapped the DVD player for a big load of Diamond Head merch. Its fantastic and all the stuff is contained in the official black Diamond Head fan club folder which has been signed on the inside by the whole band. There 7 official Diamond Head fanclub news letters, loads of press cuttings, 3 Diamond Head tour programmes signed by the band, a 1983 Diamond Head Christmas card which when you open it up, has pics of the band, its really cool. Plus a couple of DH official merchandising leaflets, some of those tshirts were absolutely adorable and you used to be able to get black Diamond Head mugs with the DH logo in gold (2 mugs cost £3) and there is the most awesome Diamond Head mirror which looks mindblowing. It cost £10 with the Diamond Head logo in silver in the middle of the mirror. I'd sell both my kidneys if I could only manage to get a hold of those mugs and mirrors:lol:

Wyvern said:
Sorry without Sean Harris I'm skeptical, besides I'm very hardcore 'regarding DH, I stopped at the debut :lol:

Oh, and I'm not a big DVD fan yet.

Yeah, those VHS's are so much better.:Smug: