diamond's puppetmaster

The saYer

thrashermetaller
Aug 17, 2003
bay area
Visit site
King diamond's puppetmaster was way different than any other diamond album overall. I really got sucked into the atmosphere with the album as well as with the bonus dvd. The official site's review has it being the best ever diamond album. I agree that it is the shit. It is one of his best, but probably not the best. So do you think it is...

His best ever
Very good, not his best though
totally out of his style therefore not diamondbanger matl.

So far my favorite album of 2003! And I've only listened to it once all the way through. I'll admit to being a "new" King Diamond fan. So I can't compare it to old KD. HOWEVER, I can say it kicks the crap outta all the other stuff out right now! This is the sound/metal I've been waiting for. And to me it is very old school!

Killer, Killer record. I was a fan of House of God, which was to me... on the softer side of things for KD. This Puppet Master disc is a great balance of "Classic" KD with a modern touch to it. Can you tell he's really into it? Look at the DVD, as he's telling the story, he's living the character! Who knows? In any event, this IS one of the top 5 discs of 2003!

It should be at my door tomorrow and I am very much looking forward to it. Nothing like new KD in October! His newer stuff has not been bad but he really is due for a stellar release which he hasn't made since THEM. I'm hoping the DVD won't be too corny, is it?

I have to agree. My copy just arrived today at work, and I've played it twice now. It grabbed me on the very first beginning notes. Man, I can't wait to get home and check out that DVD!

What did you guys think of the track, 'Christmas'? I must admit, that one brought out some evil grins.

I'm listening to the Puppet Master right now and I am not overly impressed at all. The title track and Magic are both incredible songs but after that the music mostly suffers because he is TOO WRAPPED UP IN THE STORY! The music just does not flow from song to song. Too many breakups from the story. Why does he feel the need to act out everything? He's better telling the story in 3rd person. He never did this so much back in the day. It seems to be a trend he started on Spider's Lullabye. Yes he did it a bit on THEM but there just were not as many interruptions like there are now. It is easily the biggest difference between the classic stuff and new stuff.

By no means I am saying it sucks but I am just very surprised to see some of you going ga-ga over it.

I have the album but haven't had time to listen to it yet. I did watch the DVD and thought it was cool. King is such an amazing storyteller. All the creepy sound effects in 5.1 were driving the cats batshit. Anyway, my thought are soon to come. I'm also hoping to catch him next Saturday!!

There we go with the insults again sixxwine, you are nothing but a big punk looking for trouble. Real mature of you to look for the stupidest shit to poke fun of. You are like Beavis and Butthead when they look for funny poo-poo pee-pee sounding words in music videos. Just trying to talk about the new KD and you gotta start shit. Impossible to have an intellegent conversation on a metal forum I guess....

Funny thing is that I have read these type of back-n-forth's with you on other forums as well so it seems like there are MANY people that have problems with you. People hate internet tough guys.

SergeantD1 said:
There we go with the insults again sixxwine, you are nothing but a big punk looking for trouble. Real mature of you to look for the stupidest shit to poke fun of. You are like Beavis and Butthead when they look for funny poo-poo pee-pee sounding words in music videos. Just trying to talk about the new KD and you gotta start shit. Impossible to have an intellegent conversation on a metal forum I guess....

Funny thing is that I have read these type of back-n-forth's with you on other forums as well so it seems like there are MANY people that have problems with you. People hate internet tough guys.
This coming from a guy that uses terms like "ga-ga?!"
I could careless what you think of people, or me. I like that fact that YOU have to get other people involved...
I think it just shows what kind of a "puss" you really are. You're the type that wouldn't get a fight in school unless you had back up right?! I have one last thing to say, if you don't like it "Don't read it." I could live without reading another of your silly posts anyway!

To change the subject back, I have to say I like the album a lot. It sounds like it fits in amongst his more popular ones like Them and Abigail. I think he tells the story better in this one than his last few for sure. I could tell he was in the zone with this one by how easily the story flows. It works even better after watching the DVD. I've only really heard it once all the way through but there are a lot more catchy sons on this one. I'm happy and I'll be happier to see him live in five days!

Psychonaut said:
It sounds like it fits in amongst his more popular ones like Them and Abigail. I think he tells the story better in this one than his last few for sure. I could tell he was in the zone with this one by how easily the story flows. It works even better after watching the DVD.
I couldn't agree more, Psychonaut! \m/

This would make for a kick ass movie too.