diamond's puppetmaster

Metal Coven said:
I couldn't agree more, Psychonaut! \m/

This would make for a kick ass movie too.
I'm wondering why KD hasn't explored making a movie out of one of his concept discs? Like Them? That would be a great one. I'm a big fan of House of God. This Puppet Master storyline would also work great as a screen play... I guess he doesn't have the $ to back a project like this?
It's a travisty that a guy like KD doesn't have the success that would allow him to do something like this & a guy like Rob Zombie is able to make a movie... That didn't meet the hype that was placed on it.

1000 Corpses wan't as good as I thought it would be either. Rumor has it that King is working on a screenplay for Them. Let's hope it works. The Puppet Master would work great too but I think the movie would be short. A lot of movie audiences want a hero and a happy ending but it's nice to see it different like at the end of Conspiracy.

Psychonaut said:
1000 Corpses wan't as good as I thought it would be either. Rumor has it that King is working on a screenplay for Them. Let's hope it works. The Puppet Master would work great too but I think the movie would be short. A lot of movie audiences want a hero and a happy ending but it's nice to see it different like at the end of Conspiracy.
I HAVEN'T HEARD ABOUT HIM WORKING ON THEM AS A SCREENPLAY. I HOPE THIS PANS OUT. WOULD BE GREAT. HE COULD CRANK OUT ONE MOVIE A YEAR FOR THE NEXT DECADE, JUST BASED ON HIS RECORDS! THE HERO THING IS TOO PREDICTABLE...

simply the best Metalblade Records era - King Diamond

Metal Coven said:
Is it just me, or is this album leaving it open for another part?
Yes I also think the (awesome) story is somewhat unfinished, I guess there will be a sequel.
As for the music it's probably my favorite since Voodoo, great songs with a lot of cool ideas.

Dodens Grav said:
I would definitely say that The Puppet Master is musically the worst King Diamond album out so far. The solos are decent, but much too short, especially considering it's Andy LaRocque and Mike Wead. About half of the songs really just plod along and do not go anywhere. The storyline is the highlight of the album, which should not be in music. If it was a movie, that would be a different story, but this is not a movie. I am disappointed in the new album, I was expecting a lot more, though the female vocals were a nice touch.
Yeah, but if you stop and think about it, you'll find nearly ALL of his albums could be made into a movie of some sorts. I agree that the solos could have been longer, but they were on about every song, and I'm completely happy with that.

Something else I've noticed, not a lot, but some of the guitar parts had an Iced Earth vibe to them. Did anyone else hear this?

Metal Coven said:
Yeah, but if you stop and think about it, you'll find nearly ALL of his albums could be made into a movie of some sorts. I agree that the solos could have been longer, but they were on about every song, and I'm completely happy with that.

Something else I've noticed, not a lot, but some of the guitar parts had an Iced Earth vibe to them. Did anyone else hear this?
Yes , specially on Andy's solos.
Obviously both bands are classic metal.

Anyway , i like the Puppet Master a lot.