dickey betts

mdmatt4ever

Sep 27, 2006
he's playing he in richmond virginia in february of 2008. i saw him a few years ago and he was pretty good. anybody seen him recently? i heard when he's sober or halfway sober he's still smokin on the guitar but when he's drunk (which i heard happens a lot) its horrible. last time i saw him was 2005. i saw him in 2001 and 2003 too

Saw him many times with,probably my all-time favorite band. He complimented Duane Allman brilliantly(ya, I've been around that long). I also saw him in 95-96 where he played with Warren Haynes(Gov't Mule) and he was excellent. Where did you get the "drunk" information?

I love Dickey Betts but never seen him live. I missed him about 3 years ago and he was playing a fest like 5 min. from my house.
I have seen the Allmans tho' and they were phenomenal.

Saw him many times with,probably my all-time favorite band. He complimented Duane Allman brilliantly(ya, I've been around that long). I also saw him in 95-96 where he played with Warren Haynes(Gov't Mule) and he was excellent. Where did you get the "drunk" information?

i heard thats why the allman brothers fired him. he was not reliable because of the booze. everytime i saw him though he was great