Did a Fear Factory cover, what do you think of the mix?

wow.. that sounds pretty damn good! :kickass:

The Engl sounds really nice! overall, a really nice mix, only thing i dont like is the ride later on in the song, sounds a bit weak compared to...

Very cool! :headbang:

Yeah, that's one of the shortcomings of EzDrummer, the real ride is pretty much inaudible in a metal mix and you cannot adjust the level at all (if you use lower velocity on the other crashes, they don't sound like metal cymbals at all anymore even at 90 velocity - more like jazz cymbals hit with ricesticks :zombie: ), so you have to use a (what's it called?) crash cup clink :lol:

sounds great :D the drums sound a tad artificial, but then again so do FF's so not a big problem ;) great guitar tone!

Juts when I decided not to get a powerball you post this clip...:erk:

That sounded great man! Fantastic guitartone. I agree on the comments on the drum sound, but you should humanize them a bit more. Although Raymond triggers them he's no machine(okay, maybe half machine).

It was just a quickie job, didn't change any velocities :) As I'm working on my own songs at the moment (all 15 new ones of them :lol: ), I did this part from a request and part in testing out for a mix for my own album.

guitars sound badass..drums sound pretty fake but i guess that cus they are haha..but im really digging that guitar tone

What FF album is that song on? Must be one of the post-Dino albums, sounds better than any FF song in years though. I guess I missed out on something, I have mostly ignored them since Dino left.

Great job, the tone is sick as are the drums!

Torniojaws said:
It's Crash Test from their first album, Soul of a New Machine (1992) ;)

The cab is Engl Vintage 2x12" (Celestion V30), though the cabinet is nowadays called Engl Pro 2x12".

Shit, really? I don't listen to that one very much because the production and vocals are slightly irritating. I'll give it another spin.

Nebulous said:
That tone kicked major ass dude !!!!
Would you mind sharing some settings?
The Powerball sounds the same almost regardless of settings, so it's more about placing the mic :)

But anyways:

Lo Lead channel ("3rd")
Gain 2 / 10
Lo Lead Bottom: on
Bass: 4 / 10
Mid-Focused: 10 / 10
Treble: 8 / 10
Lo Lead Volume: 10 / 10
Presence: 7 / 10
Depth Punch: 4 / 10
Master Volume: 0.33 / 10 :lol:

Shure SM57 placed pretty much directly towards the center of the speaker, with a very slight turn to the right, into a Behringer MX602A mixer, into M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card.

Oh yeah, and guitar was Schecter 007 Blackjack with Seymour Duncan JB (bridge) and SD '59 (neck).

Awsome man. Cheers.
Its quite interesting, based on my experiance with the PB. I dont own one, but have recorded one a few times. I have to say I did have a bit of a problem keeping it under control all but one of those times, though i'm suspicious of the tubes in the PB that i worked with.

brutal tone!!

i like the overall sound of drums.. just on some fills and some parts where the snare plays solo seems a bit unatural, but who cares?? awesome