Did anybody park next to the Goodstone cafe?

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
Just curious. I ended up paying $58 in parking this year for parking underneath the venue. $8 on wednesday, $15 on Thursday, $5 for day parking (had to leave) & $15 for Friday, $15 Saturday.

Yet next to the Goodstone cafe is parking for only $4. Its not protected, not sure if any attendant, so curious if anybody parked there and had any problems?

I might just park at the place on the left side right before you get to the Venue as I think that place was only $10 and its not protected but there are attendants for much of it...

I believe that's where I parked and it was fine. There actually was a parking enforcement guy who showed up from time to time to make sure everyone who parked there had a ticket on their dash, there's just no an attendant to pay - you pay at a kiosk. That was the cheapest parking I could find, and its convenient as you could also exit out on Spring St. if you needed to.

I park down from the Goodstone and had no issues. 4 bucks on friday and 3 bucks on saturday.

Thanks. I should have read that thread. I tend to go for convenience over price which is dumb when the law school one is only $5...

I had parked at a place across the way on Friday, which cost $5 as I got there after 4.

However, I did the GOodstone place on Saturday, which cost only 3.

We parked at the outside lot across 17th street. Thursday was $8. Friday and Saturday we go there before anyone was there to take money so it was free. I even went out at one point to pay later in the night and still no one was there. All three cars in my party did that on Saturday. Pretty sweet! It allowed me to buy an extra CD!

I've parked there for the last couple years, never had a problem. But from the looks of things there's going to be a Trump Towers there in the very near future so I suspect the parking lot will be gone soon.

I did park there on Saturday. Didn't realize that you had to put the ticket in the dash. It doesn't say that on the ticket itself. So when I got out there when the concert ended, there was a boot on one of my tires. Another person also had a boot on their tire. So I wasn't the only way who made the mistake. Finally a person came to take off the boot. I wasn't too happy about that situation. I would think if you paid and put in the right number, you would be fine but I guess not.

Just curious. I ended up paying $58 in parking this year for parking underneath the venue. $8 on wednesday, $15 on Thursday, $5 for day parking (had to leave) & $15 for Friday, $15 Saturday.

Yet next to the Goodstone cafe is parking for only $4. Its not protected, not sure if any attendant, so curious if anybody parked there and had any problems?

I might just park at the place on the left side right before you get to the Venue as I think that place was only $10 and its not protected but there are attendants for much of it...

I've used the parking lot next to Goodstone Cafe several times over the last few years, and never had any problem. It's either $3 or $4 for the entire day (varies depending on day), has plenty of parking spaces, and is conveniently located. Based on past experience, I would recommend it. Plus, if you spend $14 total on parking instead of $58, that $44 savings means 3 to 4 extra CD's you can buy at the vendor tables! :) Of course given the construction that appears to be going on in the area (there is a big Trump Towers banner currently in front of the lot), I have no idea if the lot will continue to be exist, or if it does, whether the prices will remain low.

We parked right across the street up the side street in the lot on the left.$7 was a nice price for so close...It was unattended also but didn't have a problem and we parked there all 3 days

If you're driving towards Centerstage, I parked in the lot on the left right before you cross the road to it. Past years, there were attendants. But I didn't see one this year.

So parking didn't cost me this year

Speaking of the Goodstone, the service isn't the greatest there, but the food was good and the outdoor patio was nice.

I will disagree. I thought the service was really good and friendly on all of the 7 times I was there in 4 days. LOL The food is unbelievable!!! Really really good and fairly reasonable. Definitely worth checking out if you guys haven't been there, and it's only a half a block away from the Granada and the venue.

I parked at the parking lot between the Granada and the venue...it was $10. Right next to that parking lot, there was also a covered lot, which was more money...I saw the two attendants from each deck screaming at each other because one was taking the other one's business....that was pretty hilarious!! :lol:

I will disagree. I thought the service was really good and friendly on all of the 7 times I was there in 4 days. LOL The food is unbelievable!!! Really really good and fairly reasonable. Definitely worth checking out if you guys haven't been there, and it's only a half a block away from the Granada and the venue.

I've heard good things about the chicken fingers...

Speaking of the Goodstone, the service isn't the greatest there, but the food was good and the outdoor patio was nice.

Heh... well, *your* service was good... the waitress just seemed to have a mental block for anything I asked her for. The food was indeed good though... I enjoyed the chicken sandwich, fries, and diet Coke... once it finally arrived! :lol:

I've parked there for the last couple years, never had a problem. But from the looks of things there's going to be a Trump Towers there in the very near future so I suspect the parking lot will be gone soon.

Not unless Mr. Trump sees the Sharpie mustache that some Atlantans drew on his dignified mug on the banner and gets so heartbroken he cancels the project...

It could happen.