Goodstone Cafe

Yippee38

Living the dream!
Oct 8, 2002
Somewhere at 33,000'
Visit site
I nominate the Goodstone Cafe as the "unofficial ProgPower USA restaurant". They had great food that was very reasonable, and friendly staff. They also did carry out. We ate there (along with tons of other people) every day, and got a carry out bag for a quick, between the sets dinner at the hotel.

This used to be the gyro place about a block further from the venue than the Grenada. I hope they're still there next year.

Their toasted pound cake was an amazingly good desert.

We went there last year as well and was great then. This year, even better...excellent food, excellent presentation...one of the best casual small eating establishments I had been to in a long time. Oh...and had to dig the chef's wardrobe (pants)...especially the tomato pair....great stuff.

We stopped in there a couple times for lunch and during the show for a bite to eat. I agree this place was excellent. Hopefully they won't close down like everything else in that area seems to be doing.

Yeah, Yippee and I were there for lunch on Thursday before a lot of the people found it and it got crazy busy. The chef came out to ask how we liked our food, and chatted with us a while, the manager also was very friendly. Friday, it was madness in there and every person in there was movin as fast as they could. It was cool to see how they all pitched in.

I didn't make it there this year, but I went several times last year and loved it. I was in a different hotel this time around, and I guess it was out of sight out of mind. I'll be sure to go back next year.

Britt

PS It was good to see Yippee and Yardley Bates .... hope you had a nice trip back to Illinois.

Ate there 3 times myself since we were in the Granada this year. The food was pretty good and reasonably priced, and the waitresses seemed amused to see us so many times within such a short timespan. :p

Goodstone was IT! So freakin good !!

Their Chicken Panini and their Toasted Pound Cake were unbelievable! Their Iced Tea perfect!!!

I'll have to make sure to check it out next year, I didn't get by there this year..I do have to say that the Madison Grille has some kickass sandwiches, though; the turkey club I had was deeeeeeelicious. :D

Yippee38 said:
Oops. Sorry to assume.

Yardleybates at one point said, "KingLex is eating the soup with a fork." That's some thick soup.

...o, no prob :) we've been engaged for 5 years...i guess it's the same thing ;)

it was potato soup and i thought it was odd when he used the fork too...(funny, i was wondering if anyone had seen that)...:lol: