Did I make a good buying decision ?

-Rivfader-

Klingons on Uranus
Oct 17, 2003
St. Louis Missouri USA
Visit site
I think I did. I was at Boarders today. But the problem was I only had 20 bucks on me.

I found these cds that I wanted to buy:

Symphony X - Self Titled
Evergrey - The Inner Circle
In Flames - Soundtrack to your Escape
Nightwish - Wishmaster

Now I really didn't care to get the original SymX, I am not a big fan of that old singer. Though Masquerade and The Raging Season are cool songs.

Evergrey - My friend already had it and I have listened to it a few times and its an easy find so I decided to wait.

In Flames - I can get that anyday.

Nightwish - Now I just got into this band I really like them alot. I downloaded a bunch of stuff off kazaa. So I went on ahead and grabbed Wishmaster and I am glad I did. This album rules. Nightwish is hard to come across in these parts too so it was a good find. I highly recommend this album to anybody that wants to get into Nightwish.

That was probly the best. Unless you liked R2R from in flames and want them to take that to even more of a mainstream extreme, i would stay away from soundtrack personally. Self titled symx is fairly useless unless you are a guitar nerd or something like that. The vocals make it unlistenable for me personally. Evergrey kicks ass (i'm wearing my inner circle shirt right now haha) but i would go for nightwish if you don't have anything by them. I say you made a really great choice. I would suggest getting century child too... tarja's vox aren't so operatic, but still really, really awesome and marco makes some killer contributions. Oceanborn is good too, but so far Century Child is the one i listen to most constantly. I think that will change when Once hits :D

theodyssey said:
That was probly the best. Unless you liked R2R from in flames and want them to take that to even more of a mainstream extreme, i would stay away from soundtrack personally. Self titled symx is fairly useless unless you are a guitar nerd or something like that. The vocals make it unlistenable for me personally. Evergrey kicks ass (i'm wearing my inner circle shirt right now haha) but i would go for nightwish if you don't have anything by them. I say you made a really great choice. I would suggest getting century child too... tarja's vox aren't so operatic, but still really, really awesome and marco makes some killer contributions. Oceanborn is good too, but so far Century Child is the one i listen to most constantly. I think that will change when Once hits :D

Yes I am going to order Once as soon as its avilable at that place. I also agree with the first SymX cd

I do own the first disc, but that was mainly for the sake of completion. Have you checked out Orphaned Land? I got the promo for their new disc, and it's pretty sweet. It has a slightly middle-eastern flavor (probly due to the fact that they are from Israel) as well as a good mix of clean and death vocals. Sorry, that came out of no where, but it's worth checking out.

theodyssey said:
I do own the first disc, but that was mainly for the sake of completion. Have you checked out Orphaned Land? I got the promo for their new disc, and it's pretty sweet. It has a slightly middle-eastern flavor (probly due to the fact that they are from Israel) as well as a good mix of clean and death vocals. Sorry, that came out of no where, but it's worth checking out.

Hey man Im a guitar nerd too and I still only bought the S/T for completion. Although there are some badass solos on it :p

Nightwish is definately different. When I listen to them most people are like "WTF?" Hahaha, but I don't care.

You made a good choice.

I would recommend Symphony X's S/T, but only if you're not a "vocals" person (that is, you can block out the vocals and focus only on the music behind). Sometimes I just close my eyes and pretend Russell is singing the songs.

ABQShredHead said:
You found those CDs at Borders? What the hell is wrong with the stores in my city? Damn them!

Yeah man, their manager is a huge metalhead at the one by me, and he always orders stuff from century media, and other metal labels. He saved me a CoB Hatebreeder album before. He hid it behind some Def Leppard albums and I came and got it the next day. :lol:

You can now order albums at their front desk so I am going to go tommorow and get some Finntroll and V.