Did I miss anything?

Polyeidus

I know you're out there
Feb 6, 2003
NC, USA
ai.bpa.arizona.edu
For reasons beyond my control, I've had a suck egg couple of yrs. If you guys don't mind one more of these reccomend threads...(and if you do, then go away) :Smug:

Have there been any really awesome releases that I should know about in the name of metal?

You know, similar to Sym X, DT. That kinda stuff?

And I'll go ahead and tell you to shut the hell up about me listing Sym X beside DT. Just help a brutha out, would you?

I'm paying attention this time, promise.

Thanks guys.

Well if you're grouping SymX and DT, then Orphaned Land can go in that category too:
Orphaned Land - Mabool (2004)

Welcome back! Well, I recently watched the Shaman concert dvd, and I've become a great fan. They are awesome musicians....so.....if you are not one who can't stand Andre's voice from his time with Angra, you might like the Shaman album. (just a suggestion for something a bit different to check out).

Take care, kiddo.

definately Orphaned Land - Mabool, also Ayreon - The Human Equation

Could also check out Pain of Salvation - BE (not a very "metal" album, but it is an album released by a metal band, lol), and maybe Dead Soul Tribe - The January tree, and Angra - Temple of Shadows. These are probably my top 4 of the year, and most of my other top 10 are by bands i already knew about so u'd have heard of if u already like that band.

Considering a couple of years -

3 Inches of Blood - not proggy, but old school style. Imagine Manowar and Judas Priest had a baby.

Age of Silence - Bizarre and great. By 3/5 of the guys from Winds

Winds - The imaginary direction of time. Beyond words.

Fates Warning - FWX came out recently. One of my favorites for the 04

Into Eternity - Buried in Oblivion. The baby of Death and Queensryche.

Riverside - Out of myself - prog rock. good prog rock.

Textures - Polars - great thrash, similar to Meshuggah, but I like them better.

Get in contact with me (and stay online) sometime dude.