Gigantour - Orlando/Tampa

SavaRon

Sep 21, 2004
Florida
Went to the Orlando Gigantour show on Saturday and let me tell you it was one amazing show. Unfortunatly we got to the venue a little late and they started the show a half hour early so we missed Bobaflex, Dry Kill, and Symphony X. No biggie on the first two but I was pissed we missed Sym X. :yell: It's alright because I'm going to the Tampa show tonight and I will not miss them again!

If anyone is thinking about going to see this tour do yourself a favor and go. You can't beat the price for all these bands and if you like a bit of diversity in your music it's great. I actually enjoyed all of the bands. They all played on one stage. It was split in half until Fear Factory came on and then the whole stage was used by them DT and MD. I give a huge thumbs up to the road crew. Those guys were working thier asses off. Only about 10 minutes between bands while the stage was split. Just enough time to take a piss and get another round of drinks. :D It was sold out, but Hard rock only holds about 3000 people. Tonights show in Tampa was selling horrible as of last week. I wasn't even sure I was going to go because it's a Monday night. :yuk: They marked down tickets around two weeks ago to 10 bucks for upper level. I went and picked one up last Thursday and all the tickets were marked down. I got a floor ticket, row 22 for $12.75 with tax and everything. I really hope they sold more between then and now or else it is going to be a pretty embarassing turn out for Tampa.

Anyway, great show. DT was the highlight, Megadeth was awesome as well. Daves vocals were kind of low in the mix, but overall a great performance. Dillenger was interesting to say the least. Nevermore rocked the place. FF were alot better than I thought they would be live. LOA even sounded good to me. Like I said, great show. I hope they do this again next year because I would definitely go. I'll check back in with the Tampa show highlights tomorrow.

Hawk said:
Thank for the report. Are you saying that you had to *sit* in numbered seats?

:OMG:

We had balcony tickets. The floor was general admission. I am getting to old for that shit. Although we did rock out in the balcony quite a bit! :headbang: The show was about 7 hours long and we were with some friends that aren't big metal-heads. There was plenty of headbanging going on...my neck still hurts! Met Russel Allen up there. Seemed like a nice guy and was shocked whenever anybody recognized him.

kittybeast said:
Glad you had a great time Savaron. did you do any of the signings? Score on the tix prices!

No, didn't do any signings. I'm not a big on autographs and I own all the CD's of the bands I like. It would have been cool to meet a couple of the bands but they were all going on while someone was playing. I would rather enjoy the concert.

Yeah, the tix for tonights show were impossible to pass up. Especially since I paid around $64 each for the Hard Rock tickets. The promoters can't be to happy with the Tampa crowd right now. I am glad it's coming here, but scheduling it on a Monday night was just stupid IMO.

Just to let you all know the Tampa show was great as well. I got there early and seen all of the bands. Bobaflex and Dry Kill are a waste of time pretty much. Got to see Sym X this time. It didn't look to good for a while. When they were setting up thier stuff it started to thunder and lightning a bit. I was gonna be pissed if they got bumped.(they got bumped the night before because of weather) They ended up going on a little early and played excellent. These guys are awesome and I think they have a ton of new fans in the Tampa area. They really won over the crowd towards the back. It kept getting more and more crowded by the stage as they played each song.

The rest of the show was great as well. DT did a whole different set from the Orlando one except three songs. MD changed around thier set as well. Come to think of it, Nevermore and FF both played acouple different songs too. Good to see them mixing it up a bit. The crowd turned out to be decent by the time DT and MD took the stage. I would estimate around 4000 or so. Not bad for a Monday. One bad thing was during Nevermore's set. I bet there wasn't 500 people in the place. I felt bad for them, but they still rocked out none the less. Another thing is the Tampa crowd pretty much sucked up until DT. Almost everbody was sitting like they were at the opera or something. For DT and MD they woke up. Great show overall! :D