So I drive 2 hours to Montreal to see WASP...

Clammy

Heavy Metal MANIAC!
May 23, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
...and the fuckers cancelled the show because the stage couldn't support Blackie's 1000lb ego-mic stand! According to Foufounes (the venue), they were never informed of the stage requirements. They offered to bring in welders to beef up the stage and even offered WASP more money to play the show without THE FUCKING MIC STAND, but the band simply refused to play. Nice way to treat 650 fans (the show was sold out), including a fair number that travelled a good distance to see the show!

Earth to blackie: the poeple were there to see the band, not THE FUCKING MIC STAND!

Not in a million fucking YEARS would I EVER consider cancelling a show over a fucking stage PROP! What utter BULLSHIT!

I am now officially an ex-WASP fan. I'll still go to the show here (since I already have my ticket), if they don't cancel it.

Cheers!
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

That sucks big time. I remember when I was in the army I had to move mountains to get to a Dark Angel (not sure anymore, think it was DA anyway)concert in Holland. When we arrived there big note on the doors that the concert was canceled... :cry:

My buddy and sis Just went to see them and Apparently From what I was Told Ol Joey Belladonna should have been the Headliner according to my buddy that is I am totally Kicking myself for missing it Not because of WASP but Because of Joey I heard he put on a great show Granted the set was all Anthrax standards with exception to 2 solo songs .... But ya never know atleast I dont Maybe Joey does Thrax songs better than thrax does nowadays .... anyways back to WASP ... from what I was told when they FINALLY took the stage they were good only playing 2 or 3 songs form Neon and the rest of the set being a carbon copy of Double live Assasins .... hahaha

WASP still put on a great show, but...... read this :

BW&BK has received the following first hand account of what led to the cancellation of W.A.S.P.’s show in Montreal last night (August 8th):

Montreal August 8th -

WASP was scheduled to perform in Montreal tonight at Foufounes Electriques (a BCI promoted show/ sponsored by BW&BK/bravewords.com). Venue capacity 615 - show SOLD OUT!!

The band was scheduled to arrive at the venue at 2PM - to set up, soundcheck, etc... So, I decided to get there for 3PM (which I did). The band materialized a little after 6PM.

In walks three henchmen (roadies & road manager) - looking glum and pissed off (I might too if I just had a 14 hour from Chicago, or so I was told)....

First words out of the tour manager's lips... "This place smells like shit" (which it doesn't). They proceed to get on the stage and bounce on it (as if it were a trampoline). Then they start measuring it by the scientifically proven method - walking it off... They're even more pissed and call in the promoter... They huddle and discuss the situation.... Next each band member (with the exception of Blackie) walk into the venue and examine the stage.

Stet decides that his drum riser cannot fit and REFUSES to play the show without it... he retreats to the bus. Mike looks a little worse for wear from the road - looks around in a tired daze and leaves. The guitarist comes in... and he starts fuming... he leaves. (Blackie is on the bus parked out back the entire time).

The crew informs the promoter that Blackie's mic stand weighs 1000lbs and is too heavy for the stage... They inform the promoter that if his mic stand cannot be accommodated the band will leave.

So, the promoter scrambles - hires a welder, get sheet metal, etc... offers the band more money, etc... but the show is in jeopardy...

At about 6:45 the crew get on the bus and LEAVE - promoter is confused.... he receives a call from the band saying the show is canceled unless you can find a NEW VENUE!!!! (and that the band is headed to the hotel).

I don't know about other cities but finding a fully staffed (barmaids, coat check, security, etc) venue at 7PM on a Sunday for a show scheduled at 9PM is not the easiest thing to do.

Promoter scrambles some more, but finds a solution... Informs the band and is told "yeah, we just don't wanna play tonight."

A SOLD OUT crowd had to be informed that the band didn't want to play because Blackie's mic stand didn't fit on the stage to his specifications and that refunds would be available tomorrow (minus service charges)... LONG LIVE ROCK, EH???

Let's not forget that Blackie got a NON-REFUNDABLE 50% advance (show was 4500$ US - so I'm told) and the promoter is out the cost of catering (all the perishable foods), security, door-man, ticket-girl, soundman and other staff.....(probably another 2000$).

If this wasn't a Spinal Tap/Metal Sludge moment -- then I just don't know what is.....

DrillSergeant said:
Still can't believe it... Dickheads I say!
I don't get it either, it's a quick way to kill your fan base. Specially now with the internet being a fast way for the "word" getting out.
It's like career suicide, at least what's left of it.:err:
I mean wouldn't you at least come up with an excuse, even if false that
was well... better?!:heh:

Looks like they're at it again....

from Blabbermouth

W.A.S.P. Cancel Ottawa Show - Aug. 10, 2004
W.A.S.P. have cancelled their scheduled appearance Tuesday night (August 10) at the Barrymore's Music Hall in Ottawa, Ontario. According to one fan's posting on the band's official forum, the cancellation "has to do with the barriers in front of the stage. Although the bar owner feels they are sufficient (and there's never been a problem at this bar) the band's tour manager does not. Therefore W.A.S.P. will not play. I did hear that the band wanted to play but the manager said no. In that case, and given what happened in Montreal, I'd say fire the guy. Unfortunately I can't give the band the benefit of the doubt in this one. I know the bar, it's a great bar and they can choose to ignore their manager and play anyway (ya ya, give me some more crap about contracts, etc). Needless to say I'm pretty frustrated...and upset (twice in two days...good job guys). They've certainly lost one fan with this. To Blackie and the boys...you can 'Suck me suck me, eat me raw.' "

As previously reported, W.A.S.P. cancelled their sold-out concert at Foufounes Electriques in Montreal Sunday night (August 8) after the club's stage was allegedly deemed not strong enough to withstand the 1,000-lbs. mic stand (pictured here during the band's show in San Diego, courtesy of OnTrackMagazine.com) that W.A.S.P. wanted to use as part of their live show, according to a statement by the concert organizers posted outside the club. The promoters allegedly tried to get the stage adjusted in time without success, claiming that they had only become aware of the massive stage piece 48 hours before the show. The statement went on to claim that Foufounes Electriques and the show organizers offered W.A.S.P. more money to show up, but the band allegedly refused to come. The group have yet to comment on either cancellation.

Greeno said:
Looks like they're at it again....

from Blabbermouth

W.A.S.P. Cancel Ottawa Show - Aug. 10, 2004
W.A.S.P. have cancelled their scheduled appearance Tuesday night (August 10) at the Barrymore's Music Hall in Ottawa, Ontario. According to one fan's posting on the band's official forum, the cancellation "has to do with the barriers in front of the stage. Although the bar owner feels they are sufficient (and there's never been a problem at this bar) the band's tour manager does not. Therefore W.A.S.P. will not play. I did hear that the band wanted to play but the manager said no. In that case, and given what happened in Montreal, I'd say fire the guy. Unfortunately I can't give the band the benefit of the doubt in this one. I know the bar, it's a great bar and they can choose to ignore their manager and play anyway (ya ya, give me some more crap about contracts, etc). Needless to say I'm pretty frustrated...and upset (twice in two days...good job guys). They've certainly lost one fan with this. To Blackie and the boys...you can 'Suck me suck me, eat me raw.' "

As previously reported, W.A.S.P. cancelled their sold-out concert at Foufounes Electriques in Montreal Sunday night (August 8) after the club's stage was allegedly deemed not strong enough to withstand the 1,000-lbs. mic stand (pictured here during the band's show in San Diego, courtesy of OnTrackMagazine.com) that W.A.S.P. wanted to use as part of their live show, according to a statement by the concert organizers posted outside the club. The promoters allegedly tried to get the stage adjusted in time without success, claiming that they had only become aware of the massive stage piece 48 hours before the show. The statement went on to claim that Foufounes Electriques and the show organizers offered W.A.S.P. more money to show up, but the band allegedly refused to come. The group have yet to comment on either cancellation.

I was there and can confirm that story... :bah:

Cheers!
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Man what I would give to see WASP. You guys have no idea what it is like staying in S.A.
None of these band have or ever will tour S.A. Needless to say, I'd be more than pissed off if that had to happen to me and yes it does put me off, hearing all this. I'm still a fan though and you really still should go and see them Clammy, even if you're pissed off, think of me who never will.

P.S. Please include S.A. in the EXITER WORLD TOUR.......Oh and Fang - You're a fuckin Metalencyclopedea man :worship:

zeppelin said:
P.S. Please include S.A. in the EXITER WORLD TOUR.......Oh and Fang - You're a fuckin Metalencyclopedea man :worship:
uuuh well thanks buddy but I only did a copy/paste from a website :)

By the way, WASP's current tour has a very cool setlist, it's not really what I would call "the Neon God Tour".