Headliners Prediction - Gamma Ray and WASP

Zod, I love you like a brother, but I'm going to beat you severely with a nerf football the next time I see you!
LOL.

ou don't get much more power metal than HammerFall...
And there in lies the problem. Hammerfall has zero crossover appeal to the Prog crowd. And they're at such an extreme end of the Power Metal spectrum, that their cheese factor is too high for even some Power Metal fans.

Look, I have a soft spot in my heart for Hammerfall. When I had lost track of the Metal scene in the early 90s, Hammerfall was one of the first bands I found upon rediscovering the scene in 1999/2000. I played their first two discs a ton when I first bought them. However, their sound never really evolved and I grew tired of them. Plus, when Oscar left the band, after "Legacy", they lost their edge. All of that aside, I just don't think they're the type of band Glenn would book.

Zod

Well Iced Earth seems less likely now that they've announced US tour plans March-April of '08. Not out of the picture, but less likely...

Well Iced Earth seems less likely now that they've announced US tour plans March-April of '08. Not out of the picture, but less likely...
That should have no impact on anyone's predictions that Iced Earth would be the headliner. It's been known for quite some time that Iced Earth would tour the US in the winter/spring.

Zod

LOL.

And there in lies the problem. Hammerfall has zero crossover appeal to the Prog crowd. And they're at such an extreme end of the Power Metal spectrum, that their cheese factor is too high for even some Power Metal fans.
Zod

HammerFall generated quite a US fan base when they opened for Dio a few years back. I don't think they'd have any crossover appeal in the Prog crowd, but no less than an Edguy for example. With this lineup already overloaded with Prog bands, plus a potential Prog/Power band as the other headliner, it may take cheese to feed the Power fans.

All of which is mote if Glenn doesn't like them.

Not too sure about their new-er stuff, but love the old W.A.S.P., but, they are neither Prog., nor Power Metal though!

& neither is MotorHead (good band too though), they are Thrash/Speed Metal, for the person who said they'd be a good fit there.

As the forum crowd tends to be more Prog oriented, how HammerFall would got over here is different than how they'd go over with the crowd in general. True though that it's Glenn's perspective that counts, and in regards to HammerFall I have no idea what he thinks. However, being HammerFall is on par with Edguy they're on my short list.

Just a little opinion on this; I think that it sucks that bands that play here are determined largely by Glenn's own tastes; as what if a band is largely loved by MANY fans who attend this fest? They would never see that band there, just because he doesn't like them. Just a thought is all. Not trying to piss anyone off, which I seem to IN-advertently do here often!

Just a little opinion on this; I think that it sucks that bands that play here are determined largely by Glenn's own tastes; as what if a band is largely loved by MANY fans who attend this fest? They would never see that band there, just because he doesn't like them. Just a thought is all. Not trying to piss anyone off, which I seem to IN-advertently do here often!

Okay. Fair enough. I must point out though that if it weren't for "Glenn's Tastes" none of this would be happening in the first place. Secondly, Glenn has booked some band's he's not absolutely crazy about to balance out the roster in the past.
More to the point though, although this has grown into the premier Metal fest in the US, it is really Glenn's party. He throws one every year for 1200 of his best friends. Naturally he's going to hire bands he likes.

I suspect were diving into this a bit too deeply. That said, here was is thought process...

To what Dark One said, I'm not sure how a band that has been here before, would "cement" the ProgPower name. After 8 successful festivals, a Gamma Ray announcement would have no impact on how this festival is perceived. To that end, I read Glenn's comment to mean he will finally land his white whale, Iced Earth.

Zod

I had no idea that he wanted them to play there as badly as I do!!!:worship:

Okay. Fair enough. I must point out though that if it weren't for "Glenn's Tastes" none of this would be happening in the first place. Secondly, Glenn has booked some band's he's not absolutely crazy about to balance out the roster in the past.
More to the point though, although this has grown into the premier Metal fest in the US, it is really Glenn's party. He throws one every year for 1200 of his best friends. Naturally he's going to hire bands he likes.

TRUE! I wasn't saying that he's selfish. I think it's GREAT that someone had enough $$ & the balls to help bring BACK Metal to this country! But, I was just under the impression that he ONLY invited bands that he was a fan of is all I meant.

Shit, if I were ever it become rich, I'd start a Metal fest in my state! Or, even better I'd make it a nationwide tour like OzzFest, only w/REAL Metal bands! & not treat, nor allow to be treated; legends like Maiden, how they were treated!:puke:

Shit, if I were ever it become rich, I'd start a Metal fest in my state! Or, even better I'd make it a nationwide tour like OzzFest, only w/REAL Metal bands! & not treat, nor allow to be treated; legends like Maiden, how they were treated!:puke:

And soon you'd not be rich. =D

History lesson for you...

I didn't have $500 in the bank when I started this thing up in Chicago. I spent the next two years in debt and didn't turn a profit until PP IV.
The "enough money" thing is a bullshit statement.

ProgPower USA started in 2001. Nationwide, bank robberies increased by about 9 percent in 2001 compared with 2000. Coincidence?

History lesson for you...

I didn't have $500 in the bank when I started this thing up in Chicago. I spent the next two years in debt and didn't turn a profit until PP IV.
The "enough money" thing is a bullshit statement.

Um,...Ohhhhh-Kaaaaaaayyy,...relax dude, I had no idea!!!???? It just seemed to me that something of this magnitude would take ALOT of $$$ is all!!! & most people don't have that lying around & enough to do that & pay all the bands & other stuff! Sorry for seeming to OFFEND you!