Metallica last night.

SavaRon

Sep 21, 2004
Florida
Went to see Metallica last night in Tampa. For all the slagging they get, they still put on a hell of a good show. They sounded great and I give them props for still being one of the best live bands out there! If your on the fence about seeing them this tour, just go, it's worth it.

Here is the set list:
That was just your life
The End of the line
Harvester of sorrow
Into the never
One
Broken, beat, and scarred
Cyanide
Sad but true
Sanitarium
All nightmare long
The day that never comes
Master of puppets
Battery
Nothing else matters (piss break)
Enter sandman

Encore:
The wait
Trapped under ice \m/ \m/
Seek and destroy

Overall a great show. Could have done without 'nothing else matters'. I don't know why they insist on playing that song every night. It doesn't come across good live IMO. I loved seeing the Death Magnetic stuff live. Sounded really good. Lamb of God rocked and Gorjira was pretty good as well.

Damn when I saw the name of the thread I though it was finally over, the last night of them. :heh:

Oh well, I'm glad you enjoyed the show :D

I found the set list online not long afterwards... One of the better sets they've done on this tour, certainly better than Ft. Lauderdale 2 nights earlier. First time Trapped Under Ice was played in the US in a long time. I'm a big fan of The Wait too. I saw them back on 1/31 for the first time in over a decade and they ripped it up. Glad you enjoyed it. Thank the metal gods for the set list you got. :)

PS - Nice choice for the piss break.

Saw them earlier this year. Great show -- they played 4-5 songs off of Kill Em All and a couple of Misfits covers.

Six off the new one which is why I went to see them. I just wish they would have played Judas Kiss. The new stuff went over great and the crowd was really into it.