Three nights of Metallica

If Lars was mixing it according to how he thought it should sound from behind his kit, then surely it only took ONE other person (Jason included) to say "Dude... where's the bass" and then the issue should have been resolved. I have no doubt in my mind that SOMEBODY at SOME STAGE of the mixing would have said something to Lars about that..... so what did he decide to do with that opinion that was presented to him?

He knew he was gonna be on a good wicket I guess.

I have always sort of subscribed to the theory that the bass follows the guitar overly close, but the bass could still be 'there' more

Last night's set list:

That Was Just Your Life
Cyanide
Creeping Death
Harvester Of Sorrow
Fade To Black
The Memory Remains
No Remorse
Sad But True
No Leaf Clover
Orion
One
Master Of Puppets
Battery
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

Encore:
Stone Cold Crazy / Whiplash
Seek & Destroy

Minor annoyance: intro to Frayed Ends Of Sanity but not actaully playing it. Would have been the most exciting song of the set for me if they followed it through.
They really badly fucked up the Nothing Else Matters intro. Surely they'd be able to play it blind-folded behind their back with their toes by now...
Other than for that, it was pure pant-shitting awesomeness on Metallica's part from start to finish.
Less pleasant: the number of fuckwits in the crowd. To be expected really, but I think Lamb of God brought out a higher ratio (and lower caliber) of fuckwit than what would normally have been the case. Whoever came up with the 'circle pit' idea needs their head stomped.

Wait... are we talking about those pits where the bogans take their shirts off and tuck them into the back of the cargo shorts and they parade around like giffaffes and push over whoever gets in their way, and then bang the beer can against their head? If so..... gay

Hilarious. But the best circle pits are at hardcore gigs. Moshing at Dream Theater is fucking retarded

The biggest circle pit I've ever seen was at Slayer several years ago. Almost took up the entire Hordern

Speaking of hardcore gigs... I think it's less about moshing and more about "let's show off my sick ninja moves", which usually consists of flailing around like a retard and trying not to get smacked in the face by another retard

Best circle pit I was involved in was a DevilDriver gig, I swear the whole floor got involved, was fucking awesome at the time

Yeah when circle pits came up I thought of DevilDriver as well. The band gets them started though, so they're cool to watch. Haven't been involved in one for a long time.

Hilarious. But the best circle pits are at hardcore gigs. Moshing at Dream Theater is fucking retarded

I have always been a HxC kid at heart, but the shit and elitism that has always gone on shits me, always has, always will, Of course it happens in all 'scenes ' But in one that was always about tolerance, and proud of being who you are, shits me, and as for 'fight dancing' you wanna blue, step up.....silly cunts :lol: