Metallica in Melbourne

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
What a show! Excellent! Fuck I am sore at the moment though, I am gonna have some enormous dark bruises across my chest and around my right arm in the next few days, I was mooshed up against the barrier for the whole gig, christ it hurt. Being at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl it was a different experience, I had never been to a proper open air gig before, but it worked well. 10,000 odd in the general admission was a crazy experience too, no wonder it was so tight in there, with that many people behind me!

Check out the awesome setlist!

Battery
The Four Horsemen
Ride The Lightning
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
The Thing That Should Not Be
Frantic
Creeping Death
The Unnamed Feeling
Sad But True
One
Damage Inc.

Seek And Destroy
Nothing Else Matters
Master Of Puppets

St Anger
Enter Sandman

Die, Die My Darling
Hit The Lights

With so much early stuff (over half of MoP!), and so little newer stuff, it was like an awesome 80s thrash gig. It was damn excellent.

:headbang:

Were you listening to Damage Inc?

When the gig finished, we all noticed a wall of police cars around the perimeter of the venue and didn't know why...apparently there were 4,000 to 5,000 people outside trying to break in, and they knocked the fences down etc, and the riot police were called in for crowd control. Crazy shit.

Didnt they play the whole of MOP? Do they do that really cool bass intro Cliff did for Damage Inc when they play it live? (Im guessing not :( ) You got The Four Horsemen :headbang: Great song.

Master... MASTER!

I would've preferred Fight Fire over Battery. Battery is gay :)

I didn't go anyway though haha. My sister went for free. Well she didn't go in but she found a cool spot outside where she could see the whole stage and hear it perfectly so she watched it from there. She said it was crazy and heaps of people knocked down a fence and ran in but she was too scared to run in coz the cops were going nuts apparently, pretty violent.

:lol: @ Koich's "its putting you through uni" comment hahaha!

:lol: :lol:

Actually it was one of her friends (well she hates the guy, so aquaintance might be more appropriate) who initiated the fence knocking-down stampede thing haha!

Yeah so she SAYS. Dont worry Troops, im the only guy here who can see her for the troublemaking temptress she so obviously is! *High fives Troops in solidarity*