Did James tour with Obituary....

One of the best shows ever, I believe it was with Sepultura and Sadus (my memory could definatley be failing me). I saw it, in a tiny town called Gallup New Mexico. It was in a little gym, with a flimsy stage. Crazy, sick crowd. Those shows (in Gallup) were the sickest shows I've ever seen.

I almost saw you before that at the same venue with Death on the Spiritual Healing Tour (touring with Carcass). However the show was cancelled (by Carcass I believe) and I didn't catch James until he was with Obituary.

Then I saw you with Testament in Albuquerque. Wicked!!!!

I saw that same Obituary tour. Just incredible. I remember James standing behind his stacks warming up. Some of the coolest licks I've ever heard...

.j.

I actually saw the Sepultura/Obituary/Sadus tour in Houston - The Axiom! That place brings back a lot of memories - Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse with Gorguts, Grave, Immolation, Incantation, Massacre, Entombed and the mighty local band Dead Horse! Transient, those in fact were the days - I was fortunate enough to be around at that time. Saw Carcass and Pestilence when they were on tour with Death minus James at a club called Fitzgerald's - this is the infamous Chuck walkout, not sure if you've heard about it during the Spiritual Healing tour where a riot broke out and even made the local news. Needless to say, Death avoided us like the plague soon after that - our loss! Got to see Napalm Death, Suffocation, Vader, and Unleashed as well. Ahh, the memories...

dualrecto said:
Picked up a vid of you playing with Obituary at L'Amours on 12/01/90. You are shredding and headbanging throughout the show. :worship: You need to play a one-off gig with Obituary in Nor-Cal sometime soon. :lol:
I was at that show! It was the first time I saw Obituary live and it blew me away. I'd love to see that video. That was the second time I had met James as well. The first time was a show with Death at a small hole-in-the-wall club in Norwalk, CT. Some asshole threw some kind of petroleum jelly or something at the band - it was all over Terry Butlers bass. I thought for sure someone was going to die. Chuck dedicated "Open Casket" and they cut the set early. First time seeing Death and some dick screwed it up. I still have my signed jeans though :headbang:

yeah, saw that tour as well out in Bayshore, Long Island ... damned if I remember the name of that venue that was out there ... that was one killer show ... I think it was Sepultura's first tour outside of Brazil ... all those bands just shredded at the time.