Did My First Music Video! Hardcore/Metalcore Content

HCL

Holy Crap! Lions!
Jul 13, 2010
Plymouth, UK
Not gonna be everyone's cup of tea and it's far from the best music video ever made but it feels great to have something to show promoters/blogs!!

If you dig it then grab our EP, it's free on soundcloud (and they're wavs when you download them). The EP has some more melodic stuff in it and some heavier stuff too. If you don't dig it that's cool, please don't leave dislikes/negative comments on youtube though, it will make life harder for us! :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely my cup of tea. :kickass: Dig the song and the video a lot!
And I was the 500th FB-liker. :wave: :lol:

If you expose your band in youtube you cant expect everyone to like it, you will have to accept the negative comments as well. Because some of them might be constructive and those ones could be useful to change what is not so good. Just my opinion.

Anyway, good song.

Great video! The mix was also good, the only problem i had was the kick that is a tad clicky for my taste :p

Thanks everyone!

If you expose your band in youtube you cant expect everyone to like it, you will have to accept the negative comments as well. Because some of them might be constructive and those ones could be useful to change what is not so good. Just my opinion.

Obviously it's inevitable but in a community like this I think it's fair to make a polite request not to leave dislikes or unconstructive criticism. During the early stages of a release it really sticks out and hurts the overall impression.

the only problem i had was the kick that is a tad clicky for my taste :p

I hear it too but what can you do? The video is up now, and it's not mix-ruining to me. Self-producing is tough!

Agreed. The kick sounds a bit plasticky, but it's not something that sticks out by itself, as the rest of the drums are also pretty fake sounding, and I actually think it was intended to have that "slatecore" (lol) signature drum sound to them.

I think I fixed the issue:

Anyone know why the link is so messed up? It's posting twice and I can't figure out why! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: