Mix / Master challenge (melodic hardcore / metalcore) Practice Room - Rewards!

Karlozz

New Metal Member
Mar 7, 2017
[UPDATE]: Due to various circumstances we were forced to speed up the production process. The winning mix was submitted by Anton from Empire Studios.

It was not an easy choice. We would like to thank everyone who took time to work on our music and submitted their mixes. We are overwhelmed by the amount of response.

Once again thank you. The premiere of the single is planned for end of April / beginning of May. We will post it to this thread.

Hi Everyone!

I've been following this part of the forum for a while and I am amazed by the volume of hidden talent this community offers in terms of mixing. My band "PIG" is currently looking for a new mix engineer to help us with upcoming EP (2017) but we are still looking for a sound and we love to see what you guys can do. We are looking for modern melodic hardcore / metalcore sound. I have made a rough mix of the song to give you an idea of what's in the folder (I respect the fact that it may not match everyone's taste). I hope you won't be discouraged by my mix and would like to give this song a go. We are dreaming of getting anywhere close to the vibe of While She Sleeps and Architects.

Rough Mix: [Expired]

Raw Files: [Expired]

I would like to kindly ask you to keep the files in this thread and not sharing in on youtube or soundcloud.
If you are willing to to participate in this challenge you can send your mp3/wav in private link or picosong to [Expired] or PM in the forum.

We will listen to all the work and choose our favourite mix.

Winning mix will be released with a music video where you will be credited, with links to your websites etc.
as well as additional gift of 50$ paypal transfer. We really appreciate your time.

All engineers who send us mixes will get likes and subs on your profiles from us (please send us links to insta / fb / twitter) and feedback if you like one.

The files will be on wetransfer for 7 days (link will expire on 14th March).
The deadline for the mix is the [Expired]

All the best!

Last edited:
Reactions: TRUIE and Eric AJ
Hi, do you have the details with regards to the sample and bit rate and also the tempo and time signature for the track?

Due to various circumstances we were forced to speed up the production process. The winning mix was submitted by Anton from Empire Studios.

It was not an easy choice. We would like to thank everyone who took time to work on our music and submitted their mixes. We are overwhelmed by the amount of response.

Once again thank you. The premiere of the single is planned for end of April / beginning of May. We will post it to this thread.

Man, that's rough.
I'm still working hard on it, deadline was supposed to be on March 20.
If I only knew you'll shorten the deadline, I would have put out a mix sooner, as I really liked the song and wanted to submit a mix...

To be honest, changing the rules during contest, closing the damn thing almost a week earlier than what it was supposed to be and pick a winner from the already submitted mixes feel so UNFAIR.

I'll post my mix here when done anyway, if I'm allow to ?

PS : be careful, the links are still available on the "[" of your original posts.

[UPDATE]
Rough Mix: [Expired]

Raw Files: [Expired]

Last edited:
Reactions: fernandoromaft
Man, that's rough.
I'm still working hard on it, deadline was supposed to be on March 20.
If I only knew you'll shorten the deadline, I would have put out a mix sooner, as I really liked the song and wanted to submit a mix...

To be honest, changing the rules during contest, closing the damn thing almost a week earlier than what it was supposed to be and pick a winner from the already submitted mixes feel so UNFAIR.

I'll post my mix here when done anyway, if I'm allow to ?

PS : be careful, the links are still available on the "[" of your original posts.

It doesn't matter man, Anton from empire studios always wins anyway... Although IMO his mixes are too compressed and FXed, It won't sound the same during live performance. But you know what they say, the client's always right.
In my mixes I try to get the best result while maintaining reproducible sound.

I was not questionning their choice, we didn't even heard the winning mix and we won't have anything to say about this anyway.

I was mad because they deleted 6 days of deadline and brutaly anounced the winner, while I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) was still working on this. That's just not fair and correct ; if you really NEED to shorten the deadline, tell it and let people something like a couple of days to finish their work.

But in the end you're right, they do what they want, the way they want...
I'm just sad because I really liked the song and was working 200% on it since yesterday.

Due to various circumstances we were forced to speed up the production process. The winning mix was submitted by Anton from Empire Studios.

Typical....

I would like to apologise for the change of the deadline. I wasn't depended on me. I understand that some of you feel let down and unhappy about it. Sorry.

But your work will not be forgotten. Thank you so much for all the mixes. We are very grateful for your time and we'll be in touch with some of you in the future to use your services on normal terms - according to your price cards.

Good luck everyone!