Did someone say 4 disk box set????

That was supposed to have been out for Christmas last year. I'm not convinced it will be out when they say it will. Plus, they had originally said all the bonus stuff would be available seperately so the people who already own the regular discs wouldn't have to buy music they already have. Doesn't look like that is the case now.

Scott

I think the boxed set will come out on time this time, esp. since they're doing so much to promote it. (Street-teaming it, press release)

However, I'm not that excited about it. I have everything from Disc 1, and from 2 I have most of everything. Disc 3 looks like a bunch of garage demos. (I already have video footage of four songs they never released. It's fun to watch once or twice but it gets old quickly.) Where are the RIB demos? Why not record a few metal covers? Cover one of the Judas Priest songs that looks like it had an influence on Slayer, like maybe "Rapid Fire" or "Sinner." (We sure have enough punk/hardcore covers.)

The live disc with Lombardo should be cool though. Esp. if it has some songs not on Decade.

jdelpi said:
I think the boxed set will come out on time this time, esp. since they're doing so much to promote it. (Street-teaming it, press release)

However, I'm not that excited about it. I have everything from Disc 1, and from 2 I have most of everything. Disc 3 looks like a bunch of garage demos. (I already have video footage of four songs they never released. It's fun to watch once or twice but it gets old quickly.) Where are the RIB demos? Why not record a few metal covers? Cover one of the Judas Priest songs that looks like it had an influence on Slayer, like maybe "Rapid Fire" or "Sinner." (We sure have enough punk/hardcore covers.)

The live disc with Lombardo should be cool though. Esp. if it has some songs not on Decade.
I liked the album of punk and hardcore covers but I think you make a great point. Why not cover Priest or Maiden or Saxon, I don't know just something different I think would be interesting.