Did this really happen???

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
was surfing on the Blabbermouth yesterday and found this article in the ARCHIVES:

"""According to TESTAMENT guitarist Eric Peterson, METALLICA's Kirk Hammett is being approached about making an appearance with the reunited EXODUS at the upcoming Thrash Of The Titans benefit concert for vocalist Chuck Billy, who was recently diagnosed with cancer. Kirk's appearance with EXODUS would mark the first time he's shared the stage with the group since early 1983, when he left EXODUS to join METALLICA. As previously reported, LEGACY (pre-TESTAMENT), EXODUS, VIO-LENCE, LAAZ ROCKIT, FORBIDDEN EVIL (pre-FORBIDDEN) and HEATHEN have all verbally agreed to reunite for the show — tentatively scheduled to take place in July at a large-capacity venue in San Francisco or one of the surrounding cities — which may include additional live performances by SKINLAB and SADUS, among others."""

I know that Thrash Of The Titans benefit concert did happen. But I wonder if this kind of line-up performed at the benefit?

The lineup was:

Heathen, Flotsam & Jetsam (who replaced laaz Rockit)
Sadus, Death Angel, Forbidden(Evil), Exodus (Baloff sang all but 1 song that Zetro joined him for - Brain Dead!), Anthrax, SOD, Violence and of course Legacy! Legacy had Zetro singing all but the last song in which Chuck came out and ripped out Into the Pit!
Alex Skolnick was there as was Greg C and Derrik R. It was one of the most amazing thrash shows I ever saw.

Originally posted by HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD
The lineup was:

Heathen, Flotsam & Jetsam (who replaced laaz Rockit)
Sadus, Death Angel, Forbidden(Evil), Exodus (Baloff sang all but 1 song that Zetro joined him for - Brain Dead!), Anthrax, SOD, Violence and of course Legacy! Legacy had Zetro singing all but the last song in which Chuck came out and ripped out Into the Pit!
Alex Skolnick was there as was Greg C and Derrik R. It was one of the most amazing thrash shows I ever saw.

great show. :headbang: I wish I was there :(

Deadly Embrace, do u have this show in the ARCHIVES too?

was kirk hammet there?
that would have been interesting

At the time he wanted to come, & be apart of it, but a back injury just prior to the show, prevented him from appearing. He did donate a check to TOTT, for both Chucks. I would have loved to have him their playing with Exodus, but it was not to be.............

I know I missed the boat on this one, but I heard that Tales from the Pit had some TOTT video clips for download? I know that there is an Into the Pit live at TOTT live clip out there, anyone know where to download it from instead of the impossible WinMX?